General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

After a few bolt on how much HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 11:50 PM
mackjr80

Default After a few bolt on how much HP

I just got my 01 GT and I went out and got the Hypertech tunner, the cold air intake (K&N) and the flowmaster cat back. I think i should be at 290-300. 20 from the tuner, 15 for catback and 5 from the intake, am i close
Old 11-08-2004, 12:02 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: After a few bolt on how much HP

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif] Think again dude. See all the stuff I gots... then see what I dyno'd? 300 RWHP is pratically unacheiveable without cams or a P&P of the heads. Now if your talking about FWHP I still wouldnt bet on it. 260 Stock at the fly wheel and 230 to the wheels if youre lucky. So I would say you probably have in the neighborhood of 280 FWHP and maybe 245 RWHP.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Probably 215-220 RWHP.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

Jdaniel is right. Either way, lets not underestimate the gains you get from a programmer, they are pretty good.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:26 AM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mackjr80

I just got my 01 GT and I went out and got the Hypertech tunner, the cold air intake (K&N) and the flowmaster cat back. I think i should be at 290-300. 20 from the tuner, 15 for catback and 5 from the intake, am i close
I think the newer GT's dyno around 220hp stock. THe tuner will give you 10, CAI...maybe 5, and the cat-back around 5+. So you may have gained a total of 20hp. It's possible you may have 240rwhp. These numbers are just estimates....get it on a dyno
Old 11-08-2004, 12:34 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Thats about what I figured was 240-245.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:36 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Thats about what I figured was 240-245.

Yeah, I have mustangdyno #'s in my head. It would probably be in the 240 range ona dynojet.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:12 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Redline03GT

Jdaniel is right. Either way, lets not underestimate the gains you get from a programmer, they are pretty good.
Do what?? On a GT that is stock or nearly stock the programmer will do close to nothing. Even if you were doing a custom dyno tune on a car with a CAI and aftercat i would be highly suprised to see anything over 5 RWHP in gains (from the tune alone) unless something about the car was really throwing off the stock tune.

With the mods listed below (minus cams) my car was acutally making LESS power with a diablo chip (basically what you would get with the programmer) than it was on the stock program.

On a cobra or lightning, yes there is alot to be had. On the GTs there isnt much left in the stock programing, the A/F is usually right on .
Old 11-08-2004, 01:52 AM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Redline03GT

Do what?? On a GT that is stock or nearly stock the programmer will do close to nothing. Even if you were doing a custom dyno tune on a car with a CAI and aftercat i would be highly suprised to see anything over 5 RWHP in gains (from the tune alone) unless something about the car was really throwing off the stock tune.

With the mods listed below (minus cams) my car was acutally making LESS power with a diablo chip (basically what you would get with the programmer) than it was on the stock program.

On a cobra or lightning, yes there is alot to be had. On the GTs there isnt much left in the stock programing, the A/F is usually right on .

Yeah, with the minor mods in my sig I showed my dyno with A/F to a guy who tunes cars and he said it was right on the money and he didn't see changing anything. Most cobras come tuned extremely rich I've been told so leaning them out gives large gains, but on a GT the A/F is pegged great stock
Old 11-09-2004, 09:05 AM
mackjr80

Thanks i could have saved my 300 on the programmer, i did fell some added power from that but, when a got the catback, it felt like I lost a lot of low end power, I did the air filter with the tune so i didnt think about that. I did get to 250 mile to a tank that about + 25.

by the was flowmaster sound like crap i liked them better on my T-Bird.. I guess i made a start so what should i get next, I'm trying not to void my car's warrenty.

Quick Reply: After a few bolt on how much HP