General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 12:40 AM
blank
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0

personally the 94 - 04 look good as a drop top but i prefer a coupe any day
Old 11-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

VERT! ULTIMATE SLEEPER!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Justanother5.0
1st Gear Member

I'm definetly a hardtop fan... I don't like how most convertables look with the top up.. but love how they look with the top down...however I like how the hardtops look all the time... maybe you should go with the hardtop and have a custom targa top made for it!.. IMO targa is the best of both worlds..
Old 11-28-2004, 12:54 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

only real advantage I ever saw with a convertible is there's less surface area you have to wax! LOL
plus at the strip they require a roll bar in one much sooner than they do a coupe or hatchback.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:13 AM
me alot fast than u
I ♥ Acer

I would go for the vert...they look good,love the top down,chick magnet,better resale value.......w/ 4.10's and heads run very well
MD.....I always used a brick to get into cars....
Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 AM
WorldMustang
1st Gear Member

Ok my last reply.... Convertibles have a good resale, nice on a sunny day to drop the top and let the wind in your hair if you have any. it can be just as modified as any other mustang, Looks great lowered with racing supension. bad point their noise and can be cold in the winter, top parts are expensive to replace, really a fair weather car, and working on can be a pain due to the reinforced underside covering access hole clutch plates, starters and such are a pain. I have botha convertible and hard top. I would not trade eather for one is for nice days and the other is for the rest.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:47 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Verts FTW! j/k, its really preference, they are not cold in the winter, if you heater works on high. They dont leak if you have a good top. I love mine, but to be perfectly honest. There are days I have wished it was a hard top, and there are days I am glad I have the vert. All in all, I will always keep the vert and buy another car as a hard top. There is just something about them you get hooked on. And btw, mine gets to stay in the garage 100% of the time, they are high maintenance if you cant get them out of the weather. Dont let any one tell you they are slower. They may weigh a bit more, but they are not slow.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:28 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WorldMustang

Ok my last reply.... Convertibles have a good resale, nice on a sunny day to drop the top and let the wind in your hair if you have any. it can be just as modified as any other mustang, Looks great lowered with racing supension. bad point their noise and can be cold in the winter, top parts are expensive to replace, really a fair weather car, and working on can be a pain due to the reinforced underside covering access hole clutch plates, starters and such are a pain. I have botha convertible and hard top. I would not trade eather for one is for nice days and the other is for the rest.
I've had 4 Mustangs so far, my current '02 is my first vert.. From what I've personally discovered:

-New Edge verts only way about 150lbs than a similar coupe.. hardly noticable. Not sure how Foxes compare
-I guess verts can have chassis flex, but I haven't noticed any yet. Perhaps if I pump up the power,, maybe
-I'm just as warm in winter as with any coupe, and here in Ontario Canada we get serious winters!
-you can't beat a vert for enjoyment on nice warm days (& nights!)
-some say they don't like the looks of a vert. Peronally I don't like how coups look from the inside because the top blocks my view! & isn't how the car looks "from the driver seat" the most important view of all??

Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM
LilRedHoss
1st Gear Member

GreyStang, that's why when I'm lazy I just wax the hood on my wife's car.[sm=lildevil.gif]
I only owned one vert, and it was a 64 Impala 4 door hardtop that we modified.
Cruising with the top down, everyone tuxed out and the Stars & Stripes flying off
of the front corners really gets people going!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:05 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

I love my vert!!! the looks I get are awesome. I would not keep a vert outside, garage or carport only. the vert invites the quite thief. but all cars are at risk and stealable if the thief really wants it. I am looking for a second project car for someday, it will be a GT hardtop or a notch. I would love it to be a police package.

Quick Reply: Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0