General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0

ok well there is a 5.0 that i have seen on my way to my girl friends house that is just sitting there...now i don't know whats wrong with it or anything and when i get some money iwill check it out but i wanted to know would it be better to have a 5.0 convert or sedan..i have the sedan now but its a 4 banger and i'm willing to do an engine swap...i figure i'm going to pull the engine because there has to be something wrong with it anyways...but i mean which would be better...converts are so nice to see...plus it would look awesome with some new **** done to it

Pros' and Con's Please
Old 11-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0

Weight, for one
Convertables are the heaviest of Heavies.
And two, chassis flex.
other than that, it's all preferance
Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
WorldMustang
1st Gear Member

get the covertable every time, the production numbers are less and there just is nothing like a summers day with the top down
Old 11-09-2004, 09:42 AM
WorldMustang
1st Gear Member

keep the 4 banger for a daily driver, you can not beat the gas milage but I would get the convertible for weekends and something that turns heads
Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

thats what i was thinking but i mean the convert would be so nice for me and my friend...plus some *** pulls up and tries to race (this being after i do some weight reduction...any i can) i can beat him...i'll keep the 4 banger maybe..who knows...maybe sell both and buy a newer mustang...this all pending on whats going on with the mustang...its hard to drive past one sitting there...just kills the soul
Old 11-10-2004, 12:51 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

personally I would go with the hardtop vs a vert, never have seen the fascination some people have for verts! noisy, cold in winter, no security as someone can cut the top in a heartbeat and take anything they want out of your car, etc. etc. etc.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:17 AM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: roundman

personally I would go with the hardtop vs a vert, never have seen the fascination some people have for verts! noisy, cold in winter, no security as someone can cut the top in a heartbeat and take anything they want out of your car, etc. etc. etc.

LOL...that goes for any car roundman...Unless your car has a state of the art electro shock security system or you have bullet proof windows...your car still can be broken into....LOL...I choose a vert for looks....hard tops just look to plain for my taste..
Old 11-12-2004, 12:29 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Ain't seen many hardtops where the thief cut through the roof to get into it lately! LOL
To each his own I guess!
Old 11-14-2004, 12:52 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

I'd definately takje the coupe.... i mean i just dont like convertables...i guess if your into looks then take the convertable.. but the mustang looks MUCH more agressive as a hard top, i dunno just my opinion
Old 11-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

If you feel strongly about the convertible get it because one day it won't be there and you'll regret it later. I have a 97 GT convertible and a 4 cyclinder 4-door Honda Accord (ugh!). I drive the Honda daily to work and drive the Mustang on weekends.

I have no need to race my car so I don't care if it's heavy or slow. The looks from people when I drive it is all that I need!! Let's just say it's a lot faster and prettier than the Honda!!!

Quick Reply: Convert 5.0 vs. Sedan 5.0