General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Value of a car

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 12:59 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Value of a car

well the 2.3 turbo's are cheap n easy.. light too
Old 11-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: import slayer

I don't think that would be worth the money. You can easily have a 12 sec. car with a V-8 with less money it would take you to build a 4 cyl.
Leave the 4cyl. turbos for the ricers.

^^FUNNY GUY!!!!

http://msvorinich.itgo.com/index.htm

enjoy [sm=smiley21.gif]
Old 11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jugador

I don't think that would be worth the money. You can easily have a 12 sec. car with a V-8 with less money it would take you to build a 4 cyl.
Leave the 4cyl. turbos for the ricers.

^^FUNNY GUY!!!!

http://msvorinich.itgo.com/index.htm

enjoy [sm=smiley21.gif]
Dude, what' s your problem. You always seem to have a smartass reply everytime you post a reply...why?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old 11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Well import_slayer, you had the first smartassed reply to begin with...
Old 11-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

Dude, what' s your problem. You always seem to have a smartass reply everytime you post a reply...why?
well, you see, when you're extremely cool you sometimes like to incorporate humor into your posts. all the big leaguers do it. and my opinion is that turbo 2.3's can run 12's for cheaper than the typical 5.0. costs will increase exponentially to get past 12's as they seem to be the limit of ported gutted stock parts, but 12's are easily acquirable with a little money, some knowledge, and lots of time.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:12 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

well, you see, when you're extremely cool you sometimes like to incorporate humor into your posts. all the big leaguers do it. and my opinion is that turbo 2.3's can run 12's for cheaper than the typical 5.0. costs will increase exponentially to get past 12's as they seem to be the limit of ported gutted stock parts, but 12's are easily acquirable with a little money, some knowledge, and lots of time.
You are wrong again buddy! 5.0 mustangs can run mid 13's with simple bolt ons...change the intakes and TB and your damn near the 12's if not already....and that's before you even get into the internals of a 5.0
There is a guy on another mustang board that runs 11's with ported E7 heads, B cam, pullies and gears....here is the best part....he does it with speed density....yes speed density....not MAF
I've seen N/A car run 11's and even 10's. You will never see a N/A 4cyl. run anywhere near those numbers.
Like I said before...turbo 4 cyl. cars are for ricers
Old 11-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

you have nothing to back anything you just said up and even so, you cannot prove that its cheaper.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:43 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

you have nothing to back anything you just said up and even so, you cannot prove that its cheaper.
You don't believe that 5.0's can run 13's with simple bolt ons??? Ask any here if you don't think so.
That guy that runs 11's with ported E7's, B cam, gears and speed density...go to mustangworks.com and look for a guy named 88 workcar.
And.....as far as it being cheaper building a 12 sec car versus a 12 sec. 4 cylinder....the combination in my sign. below will yield me 12's....and it was all done for 4K. I have all my receipts too.
If you think you are so right then start a new thread and ask if it's cheaper to build a 12 sec. V-8 or 12 sec. turbo 4cyl.
If you don't........I will then

Old 11-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

look at that link i posted long ago and you will see that 4000 appears to be quite a bit more than he spent. and he probably still gets extremely good gas mileage as opposed to a gas guzzler high compression 351
Old 11-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

5.0's won't be breaking 13's with simple bolt ons without suspension work or slicks.

Quick Reply: Value of a car