General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Squeaky suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 09:08 PM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

Default Squeaky suspension

K so after my wreck I had all KYB shocks and struts installed. all of it was professionaly done cause insurance paid for it. but the shocks are realllly squeaky, are they suppsed to be like this or is ther a way u can mess up putten em in?
Old 11-26-2004, 11:33 AM
janine
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Squeaky suspension

ORIGINAL: tyybo

K so after my wreck I had all KYB shocks and struts installed. all of it was professionaly done cause insurance paid for it. but the shocks are realllly squeaky, are they suppsed to be like this or is ther a way u can mess up putten em in?
T
It may not be the shocks thats casuing the squeaking. I just had new kyb AJX adjustable struts put on the front of my 02 GT. I had this done because it squeaked when I pushed down on the driver side fenderwell. Guess what, the squeak is still there.

I do understand that if the struts are not lined up with a special leveling tool placed on a lug nut thread, they can bind. If that be the case, damage can occur. You say there were "professionally" installed. Then it should have been done correctly.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:27 PM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

Yeah but lately ive been doubting the skill of that particular shop. Earlier he put in my rear end gears and when i got the car back it had a grind. he blamed it on the fact tha tididnt have ford rear end gears and pulled them out. guess what the noise was still ther. then he said O i must have cracked a muffler or somethin in the wreck. i checked couldnt find a thing. i was lookin a lil closer under the car and found the drive line was kinda shiny. What had happened is when he dissconnected the E-brake cable he forgot to remount it and the "grinding" was just the cable rubbing... so i dunno what it is.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:26 AM
fastmustangs1
2nd Gear Member

Maybe it is not the new shocks. It could be other suspension parts like control arms. Also if the
car has been in a wreck it could of damaged or bent some suspension parts resulting in the suspension
squeaking. Good Luck,

Matt 01 stanger
Old 12-02-2004, 09:05 PM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastmustangs1

Maybe it is not the new shocks. It could be other suspension parts like control arms. Also if the
car has been in a wreck it could of damaged or bent some suspension parts resulting in the suspension
squeaking. Good Luck,

Matt 01 stanger
I duno, after the wreck i replaced all 6 shocks on the car, and the upper and lowre control arms
Old 12-13-2004, 12:12 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

try greasing all the bushings on the suspension pieces and the shocks and if you cannot grease them, get a spray lube made for rubber parts and spray away liberally and see if this doesn't help with the squeaks. did the new control arms come with the provision to add a grease fitting? if so, get some and install them and add some grease to each place you can get it.