General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I dont know how to remove my door panels.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM
rnsngshpkng

Default I dont know how to remove my door panels.

96 mustang lx

pls help. i am about to customize my interior, but for some reason, i cannot remove my door panels. I have moved the plastice holders in the door, and removed the one large screw behind it, but i have no idea what to do now.

thanks in advance for any help
Old 04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I dont know how to remove my door panels.

Have you removed the screws up by the side mirrors. I can't remember if there are some there or not, but if I remember correctly there are. After you get all the screws removed (take a light to see if you missed any) as there are usually more than one in my experiences, pull up, straight up on the door panel. Once you pull straight up, then you can pull straight out and that should be it. Getting it on is the hard part as you have to line up the 10 or so tabs which break easily (hence pulling up before out) and also align the the black thing that goes up and down when you hit the locks. Just keeping messing around, taking em out really isn't too hard.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

Yeah these panels are kind of a pain to get out, but once you see the back side and understand how its held in there it becomes easier. If you have manuel windows dont forget to get the lever out of the way, the lock on the door has to be unscrewed I beleive,( mine does at least), and then its up and off, guide it around the door handle and over the lock rod. Let me know if you are still confused
Old 04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

the piece around the handle pops out too, you should have the window and door handle bezels removed, you also need to check down at the base of the panel near the door jam (towards the door hinges) there will be a small plastic pull tab, pull that out and then you can pull up and out...push the lock soldier (the thing that goes up and down when you unlock the door) down so its easier to navigate the panel off