General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lost in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
preacher32

Default Lost in Iraq

Hey all, Im a new member and soon to be proud owner of a 07 or 08 mustang, depending on when I get home. I redeploy back to Washington state in mid october and plan to buy then. I have a lot of free time to think about and discuss what I want done to the mustang with my wife and im looking for some ideas. First off does anyone know where I should by the mustang from. Looking for any reputable dealers not looking to take advantage of a redeployed soldier. Im also looking for businesses that can paint and install a body kit. I've fallen in love with the 3d carbon boy racer. How much does it usually cost to paint and install bodykits? Im pretty sure I can get away with at least 5 grand worth of stuff, after I buy the car. Any ideas at all would help.
I would also like ideas for performance upgrades other then a turbo or supercharger. I dont know much about cars so I would appreciate the help. Thanks

John
Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Lost in Iraq

Try to find a dealer in your area that gives discounts to active duty/vets. As far as performance other than a turbo or supercharger....I'd say nitrous. Or a supercharger. Kenne Bells run real nice I hear, but a bit on the pricey side. Nitrous is cheap though, just don't blow your engine up squeezing too much/wrong.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

First off let me tell you thatI apreciate your service to our country and to get home safe.
Now depending on where you're going to be located you can go to some Harley shops an see where the custom bike people get their machines painted.Good custom bike painters have to pay attention to small details because of the smaller painted area to be inspected.In other words,small defects are a lot easier to spot when you only see a few cubic feet of paint.If you get home in time toattend a few car/bike shows,go and look for people who have exceptional paint jobs and ask them who did the work,also talk to the ones who have questionable paint and find out where that work was done also so that shop can be avoided.Trust me,we absolutely love to talk about our cars.
Let me also say that since noidiots with a religious agenda have blown themselves up in our country for awhile,you soldiers must be doing a heck of a job.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:31 AM
EVO32
1st Gear Member

ya i heard that kenny bells run good to and since it is a supercharger the power band is constantly raised throughout. im thinking of getting a kenny bell for my 94 gt. if you do nitrous though, it only last as long as the bottle is full, not all the time like a supercharger or turbo. but everyone has their opinions so what ever you do im sure it will be a nice ride once you get it.

and thank you for serving our country[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Ben