General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which would be better

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 01:03 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Which would be better

mx6(2.5 v6) + tt kit=BADASS. its a probe motor. if its 4-cyl though, dont get it.

5.0-fairly cheap performance parts if you want to go that way. when i drive around town, hot rod it and take the interstate.....i avg @ 20-22mph. its not horrible, but, other cars are MUCH better.

Ranger-3.0 is a waste of money. only a 4.0, ESPECIALLY if you wanna wheel with it. if you get serious though, youll need AT LEAST a 4" susp lift, 33's, some form of locker and gears more than likely.

FINAL: gas-mx6, performance and fun driving- 5.0, good all around vehicle to play and drive-Ranger..........i want a truck too, but, i want a full size........late '80's early '90's f150 is what i want. but, either way, thats how im looking at it.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

ok well the ford ranger you say the 3.0 is a waste of time it isn't...it has plenty of power...my prent have one and i must say the power it is very nice...it could do 4 wheeling anytime...but yea i want a truck to have fun with...the 5.0 i hvae been leaning toward because the performance is just way better...but the mx-6 is just nice style...nice interior...looks are very nice and the car is yet an import..but i mean i need good gas milage...so i think i may get a 5.0 if i see one that looks nice..but if i find a nice ms6 i would probably buy it...if i found a ford ranger 5 speed not extended cab its a done deal i love those trucks...the ford f-150 is nice but the gas milage is REALLY REALLY badon them...so there out...
Old 12-16-2004, 02:31 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

id say go for the auto v6 mustang, or go with the mx6, just for gas mileage, i have nothing against the mx6 as long as you dont rice it with a body kit and wing first, make it fast then , maaaaybe maybe add some exterior peices
Old 12-16-2004, 05:09 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

acually i am going with the mx-6...the one thing that i am trying to figure out is how to get an exhaust that doens't sound ricy...i'm not going to do that to it...i am going to make it fast first and then add like some nice interior stuff and then some extirior ****...not a wing...not unless its a cosmetic one...and even then i havn't seen one that i would like...what the point of a wing on a fwd vehical