General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

should I get both?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 03:02 PM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

Default should I get both?

all I wanna do is eliminate wheel up and get my rear end to stick to the ground when racing...so is it alright just to get lower control arms instead of both uppper and lower?...or do the upper help to eliminate wheel hops as well?...I'm not well on cash but I wanna go w/ the steeda controls arms but this wont b till after xmas when the track opens up again...so do I just need the lower or both?
Old 12-16-2004, 03:12 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: should I get both?

upper is more for locating the side to side movement of the rear end, lower is really what helps the wheelhop
Old 12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
fastmustangs1
2nd Gear Member

Lower conrol arms will eliminate the wheel hop caused by the factory control arms with soft bushings. Also drag shocks will help as well because you can dial in your car fo better launches at the drag strip. Later on you can install subframe connector to stop chassis defletion on lauch an get a set of drag radial as well.

Matt[&:]
Old 12-16-2004, 09:30 PM
mick2615

if you dont have your quad shocks on the car you may try putting some on .i was having serious wheel hop ,put quad shocks on,end of problem
Old 12-16-2004, 11:53 PM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastmustangs1

Lower conrol arms will eliminate the wheel hop caused by the factory control arms with soft bushings. Also drag shocks will help as well because you can dial in your car fo better launches at the drag strip. Later on you can install subframe connector to stop chassis defletion on lauch an get a set of drag radial as well.

Matt[&:]
what r drag shocks?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:22 AM
jvmin

do a search on drag shocks
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...d90e9a7f1a4baa
Old 12-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Mustangous
2nd Gear Member

IMO I wouldnt recommend drag shocks unless your are trying to make your suspension stricky for straight line traction. A adjustrable shock maybe a better choice so you can adjust for different applications.
I installed a set of factory 5 (good bang for the buck) uppers and lowers on a 91 GT w/o quad shocks and tractions was great w/o wheel hop. I also installed a set of south side lowers on a stang w/o quad shocks and end result was excellent. They are a pain to install if no welder is available. They allow for pinion angle ajustment which is a great thing. Adjusting pinion angle really helps for traction. Thats whey they came out with adjustable uppers and lowers.
Any aftermarket control arm is a great improvment over stock.. as long as they are made with rectangle/square/round tubing.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:34 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

These are my next suspension mod...

Drag shocks!
Old 12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Mustangous
2nd Gear Member

cool... they should help. Do you have any suspension work?
One my 90 GT I put the lakewood 90/10 up front and 50/50 on the rear with the Eibock Pro launch kit with the air bags, the south side uppers and lower on my car and alls i have to say is wow. Instant traction...lol. Oh and skinny's up front with fat BFG's on the back. This solved my traction problem with the 4.10's. Actually just bought a set of new lowers. Adjustable weight jackers for the rear. This way i have control over the ride height in the back.
I wish i did suspension first cause its awesome hooking up on the street.