General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP ME!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM
mach1stang71chic

Default HELP ME!! :)

i have a 2002 Automatic Mustang and i am trying to get off the shift ****. I unscrewed it but it wont even budge.. i pulled down the rubber sleeve and i dont see anything that would be holding it on... theres no staple, no pin (like some others said) there was just that screw.. any ideas?

any help will be greatly appreciated..

Heather
Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Vital_Idol

Default RE: HELP ME!! :)

Just guessing cuz I don't have a 2002, shouldn't it twist counterclockwise to come off?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
mach1stang71chic

i smacked it with a hammer and it came off.. now i have to figure out how to get the overdrive button out of the shifter lol.... i guess i have to disconnect it undered the console which seems like a pain in the *** so i might just cut the wires to disconnect it.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:21 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

May i ask you why you are doing this?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 AM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mach1stang71chic

i smacked it with a hammer and it came off.. now i have to figure out how to get the overdrive button out of the shifter lol.... i guess i have to disconnect it undered the console which seems like a pain in the *** so i might just cut the wires to disconnect it.
WHOAAA WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOL. Cutting wires on your shifter? I dont thinktheres going tobe enough extra wire to re-connect if you do that... plus what is so important that you are "smacking", cutting, and disconnecting your shifter?! Doesnt sound like a smart idea to me???