General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need real opinions here.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
SuperItalian

Default I need real opinions here.....

Ok, to the point. I am trying to decide weather or not to pay off my current mustang, keep it, and get a new GT/Cobra/Whatever. OR, trade my current mustang in and hope the depreciation value doesnt kill me. Now, for the juicy details.

I own a 2004 V6 Mustang. It has a dual exhaust system, rear seat delete kit, I painted the interior myself, and it has a Cervinis Stalker body kit on it, and I have LED headlights, taillights, and 3rd brake light. If I was to trade it in, I know I wouldnt get full trade in value because of the cosmetic modifications, but I dont know how much I would get hit for it. I owe $8500.00 on it, and the trade in value is roughly $10000.00.

So, what does everyone think? Thank you in advance for any advice given.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I need real opinions here.....

hmmm. what i think is that maybe it would have been wiser to pay it off instead of modding it. try to sell it privately, seems like you'd get more bites at or above the trade in value. if they give you a good trade-in they'll make it up somewhere else. new car sales is just moving money around to trick you into paying more.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 PM
SuperItalian

ORIGINAL: Jugador

hmmm. what i think is that maybe it would have been wiser to pay it off instead of modding it. try to sell it privately, seems like you'd get more bites at or above the trade in value. if they give you a good trade-in they'll make it up somewhere else. new car sales is just moving money around to trick you into paying more.
Well, if I dont trade it in, I can pay it off, and spend money on a down payment for maybe a 2007 GT. I just want a bigger platform to build off of, and a V6 isnt going to cut it. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, without having to do a whole V8 conversion.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Take all the ricey stuff off and try to sell the car that way.If you have the original parts,offer them for sale with the car in the ad at no extra cost.The painted interior is going to be hard to hide though.

By removing and retaining the body kit parts from your V-6,you could use them to ruin a V-8 Mustang in the future.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Put a supercharger on it, that way you pay insurance rates on a v-6 with the power of a v-8. Procharger makes a kit. Check here for other stuff... http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Kikandross
1st Gear Member

To be honest I would keep it, but if you really want to get rid of it, do not trade it in because trade in value is decided on the NADA lowest vallue and not on the K. bluebook. Sell it to a private party and you can get at least $13000 pending on the milage.
I just got mine estimated and it is valued at $12700 its a V6 02 convertible 5 speed low low miles. Under 50k
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chopper

Take all the ricey stuff off and try to sell the car that way.If you have the original parts,offer them for sale with the car in the ad at no extra cost.The painted interior is going to be hard to hide though.

By removing and retaining the body kit parts from your V-6,you could use them to ruin a V-8 Mustang in the future.

You always lose money when modding a car & try to sell it. If you like the car other than the power then yea stick a blower or turbo on it, that'll really wake it up