MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   GT 5.0 Head Swap (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/312640-gt-5-0-head-swap.html)

Wynn 01-21-2008 06:31 PM

RE: SCAMMED BY ARAO ENGINEERING INC, RUSSELL ARAO

Saw a four eye converted to 04 cobra driveline... expect to pay probably ten grand for a totalled terminator with good driveline, and it would be a lot of work but it's been done. No offense, but you sound like a V6 guy. If I were you I'd buy a 5 speed V6 and throw a 75 shot at it until you can better afford the expenses of owning a V8

945LSTANG 01-21-2008 07:55 PM

RE: GT 5.0 Head Swap

ORIGINAL: MustangMan19

Hi Im considering getting a mustang and I really want a black94 or 95 Mustang GTwith the 5.0 Engine and the 5spd transmission. I really like the 8cyl 5.0motor and the and the way the car looks.

My first question is if there is a way to put a DOHC on it and what would be required to do it. I already did a search but Im still interested in if it just bolts up or if I need to change the pistons or if a stock head gasket or even a thinner one would work for it. My other question is if there is a way to doa Ford Variable Valve Timingwith the DOHC like the Honda VTEC or the BMW VANOS system.

I would also like to knw if there is a way to have the engine run on 4cyl. Hey with gas prices on the rise and college bills to pay, if there was a way to do it, Im in. I can do it the only question is which cylinders to cut the fuel to so it still runs reliably. I just wanna make sure that when Im on the Highway I can save gas but when I wanna punch it, flip aswitch, and I have all the cylinders blowing fire.

As far as future mods, Im gonna deck out the motor for sure.

So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Konrad

ohv blocks and ohc blocks are different. it wouldnt work.

youre asking some pretty nooby Qs [8D]

Cryptostorm 01-21-2008 11:24 PM

you dont buy a mustang to save gas bro... you buy a mustang to waste it!

noober 01-21-2008 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Cryptostorm

you dont buy a mustang to save gas bro... you buy a mustang to waste it!
Hah! Amen.

71cam 02-25-2008 11:00 PM

Russ Arao apologizes for some customers long wait

I Russell Arao apologize to those who have had to wait for their order.
Arao Engineering and Russell Arao have rectified the manufacturing problem with a manufacturing alliance with a large CNC manufacturing firm. This alliance has been much needed to alleviate a large "Bottleneck" in the manufacturing of its 32valve cylinder head products. This has been in the making for some time, and is now tooled up and manufacturing product. We tried to keep all manufacturing in house up until recently, but the decision was made to outsource. This helps alleviate some major problems in the delivery to customers of its product. I truly apologize to those customers who have had to wait. The significance of this alliance is stated here. The Facts are:
1) Old backorders of product to waiting customers are being taken care of FIRST.
2) Every model of cylinder head is being manufactured to be in stock. All Chevy and Ford.
3) With manufacturing outsourced, engineers can devote more time to Research and Development of its product.
The first backorder to be shipped with this new alliance went to Kevin Gall of Billet Racing. This was a special one off Blown Alcohol 32v Ford Cleveland head. With special 6 studs per cylinder and "O" ringed intake ports. A "Bad Ass" set of heads that most engine builders predict will produce well over 2000 HP on blown alcohol. We will make this data available when available to us.
Ongoing Horsepower comparisons are being conducted on other models and figures will be published.
You guys deserve the truth and to be informed, and you will get it.
Thank You
Russ Arao
russarao@aol.com