General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

'02 GT tire gap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: '02 GT tire gap

Looks like the front is higher than the back???? Every have any suspension work done? Anywho, worst case if you think new springs won't drop you enough, you can take out the isolators and it'll drop another 1/4"-1/2". I did that just in the front of my car and I think it looks wicked.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:03 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Front tire gap is larger than back. Never had any suspension work done. Bought it in 7/04 with 2,700 miles on it. Can't wait to put the Eibach's on.

With my Ford Contour, I removed the isolator rubber and went for that additional drop and never regreted it.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Those rear tires look to be a different profile than the fronts. Sidewall looks thinner in the back. Tire/fender gap looks excessive. Are you sure the suspension has never been screwed with? I have a '98 GT vert with the Steeda sport springs. Lowers the car less than the 1 1/2" max before other front end mods need to be done. If you lower yours, don't forget not to exceed 1 1/2" otherwise you will have to do the caster/chamber plate thing as well as bumpsteer kit, etc., etc. to get your suspension's geometry back to where it belongs.

Check out my gallery under Deannostang and you'll see the nice lowering job the springs did and the rake it added to the car's stance. No CC plates yet and the alignment has been perfect. I still think someone has screwed around with your suspension. I don't think I have ever seen a Mustang with that much gap before....unless they had very low profile tires or custom rims.

As suggested above, I did change all my struts, shocks and quads at the same time. Wild, tight ride. Good luck and don't forget the new eurothane spring isolators when you install the springs. Check out the following link for a great price on those isolators: http://maximummotorsports.com/isolators.asp They (MMM) also carry excellent caster/chamber plates http://maximummotorsports.com/cc.asp and a unique front strut tower brace http://maximummotorsports.com/stb.asp. Hope this all helps a little.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:38 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

They are the same tire all around. Stock tires and rims. The harsh sun and armorall shine throughs you off.

I bought a set of eibach's and kyb's so my problems should be over soon. Darnit, I'll buy a predator and tint the windows too while i'm on this spree.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:13 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

My friend photochopped it. Here's what it oughta look like after tinting and slamming!:!:!:
is this BETTER?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Photochopped photo looks good! One thing you mentioned about your tires is the use of Armorall gloss. If you are using the regular Armorall rubber and vinyl treatment on your tires, don't! Use only those products that are specifically made to increase "tire" shine. Regular Armorall products are known to cause your tires to turn brown and eventually crack. Big stink over this a few years back. The fastest, easiest product I have every used is Stoner's Tire Shine. Great stuff and lasts much longer than any Armorall.

Good luck with your mods. Take it slow.....no, not really!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:00 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I believe that I have seen that browning b4. Usually I use a specifc tire dressing but genericaly refer to it as 'armorall'.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Pacman
2nd Gear Member

hey jishead, defently looks good with the tint and lowered, are you going with the pro kit or the sportlines?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I bought a set of pro-kit that has been professionally cut so it will be very slammed. I bought KYB struts too. I plan on pulling gum off of the highway with my chin spoiler! I got a very good price for both. If it sucks, I'll sell it and buy the sportlines new.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:35 PM
mach_foster

That is one of the best photo chop jobs I have seen!! Very nice.

Quick Reply: '02 GT tire gap