General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How did your love with the Mustang begin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 05:56 PM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How did your love with the Mustang begin?

well my dad was always a ford guy so thats what i was and i was buyin mustang magazines since i was 13 so i was always in love with all mustangs. also my first car was a 92 4 cyl mustang lx
Old 01-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

A couple of years ago one of my buddies from work had a 94 cobra indy pace car edition that just sounded AWESOME, and looked great too. I asked him one day what kind of exhaust he had and he said flowmaster mufflers and an offroad H pipe. I really loved his car and I always said I would get that combo of exhaust if I ever got one....and two months ago I had my chance to get one. Price was right, and insurance was right.....so now I have my 04 GT with flows and an o/r H pipe. What a wonderful sound my car makes!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

I dont really rember how old i was i think about 8 but my dad had a 1966 GT350 green with white stripes 4 speed and factory supercharged it was a beast but he sold it to my uncle, i guess that wat started it so now i have my 88gt and i love it.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:51 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

My love for the Mustang began when I was nine years old. My dad was in the air force, and we moved back from Germany after 7 1/2 years. We went to visit a good friend of his and he had a 64 1/2 coupe, a 66 Coupe and a 66 Convertible. These were the first Mustangs I could remember ever seeing, and from that point on I kept saying I wanted a Mustang. My first one was a 66 that I bought when I was 16 and I still have now (26 right now). I then bought a 98, traded it in on a 2001, and have ordered a 2005. Thats my story.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:19 AM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

well i bought a 1990 4 cyl with a GT body kit a/t for $2300 when i was 16. drove that for two years through high school. was made fun of for haveing a beater(although car was in great shape). was a very comftorable car and i loved the body style so bought me 90 5.0 right after high school. i am now on my fourth must ang and just turned 20. yea im "just a little" hooked .
Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
raddroxx
1st Gear Member

X-mas morning.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:42 AM
ho85GT
2nd Gear Member

I've been hooked for as long as i know. It probably started w/ my dad always was a ford guy and was the one who talked my mom into buying an 85 gt in 87 and now the car is mine. My mom is also thining about buyin an 05' at the end of the summer. cant wait.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:09 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

my sister BF had a brand new fifty (5.0) back in '88. baddest *** car i ever saw. it was black. wow. then i discovered the '66 fastback. im kinda hooked.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:05 PM
MustangLuvr

I come from a long line of Hot Rodders. My real dad had all kinds of hot rods when I was little (440 Road Runner, 427 Vette, etc). I was born in 68, so was when real hot rods were still plentiful. My uncle had a 71 Mach 1. Another uncle had a 67 fastback. The first time I can remember telling myself that I was going to have a hot rod was when another Uncle had a 66 and 67 Chevelle. He was swapping the motors between the two, and he had me out there helping him. I was 9. And when we finished up the day, and he started it up and it roared. I was hooked. I always thought I was going to get a Camaro or Firebird. My stepdad had a 70 Z28 when he married my mom. I was 3 at the time. When I was 15, we moved to Missoula Mt. And the guy I hung around had a 66 coupe. I just fell in love with it. But my mom wouldn't let me get a hot rod. So my first car was a 71 Pinto. The Tranny went out, so my second car was an even worse 71 Pinto. I trashed those cars so bad. Finally when I was almost 17, I talked my mom into letting me buy a Mustang. A guy my dad worked with restored them. So, he took me over to his shop. Inside was a beautiful black 68 coupe. He put a 351 W into it with an FMF Auto Tranny. A week later it was mine. I sold it when I was almost 20. Kicked myself in the *** everyday since. Now I'm married, have 2 kids, and a Big Black 98 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4 inch lift and 35's on it. And wouldn't trade that truck for any car Can't live without a truck. But the wife is now thinking of buying a Mustang. I want a GT. Love the V-8's. But she wants a 6. So, will have to see. Can't do anything until we close on our house in 2 weeks though. Maybe by the end of the summer, I'll have an old one sitting in my new garage. I know I'll have to beg my wife even more than I had to beg my mom though. [:@]
Old 01-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

ive always been a ford man, it was bred into me from my ford family, my dad and uncle had stangs when they were younger and my uncle still has one (a 99gt), I have simply always loved them and most of my friends have fast cars so I had to get something to play with too.

Quick Reply: How did your love with the Mustang begin?