General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
wendysdbcb

Default help!!!

hi there, if you could help i would be extremely gratefull. so heres to problem.... i have an 88' gt i've always had stupid **** go wrong with it but over the past few months i've gone through a number of starter soleniods, and every time i put a new one in it works fine for a while. about a month ago i changed out my spark plugs, rotor, cap and adjusted to timing. after that i went out to drive it and see how i like to timing adjustments i had made. for a while now after i had added mass air, and gt-40 upper and lower manifolds the car will try and die on me at stop lights. as i was trying out the timing adjustments i had made, the car died a couple of times and a light, on the last time i couldn't get it started up again. after replacing the stater solenoid, starter, pulling and cleaning the main ground, and power lead to the starter i am still getting the same problem. after charging my battarie i can turn the power on the all the excessories, like headlights, convertable, radio, etc.... however when i got to engage to solenoid to the starter, there is a faint pop and nothing happens. after this happens, i can no longer turn power to the eccesories and i have to recharge the batterie. there is nothing on that side of the solenoid exept for the lead to the starter. obviously its and electrical problem and there must be a short some where that is killing the ground. but i have pulled the ground and the lead to the started and wrapped them with electrical tape and still i get nothing. if anyone has any ideas, or previous experience with this problem, please give me a hand, because i just don' know what else i can do. thank you.