General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dent in CAR? WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

Default Dent in CAR? WTF

i work at a grocery store and i left work around 9:30 last night and this morning when i went to get breakfast before school i noticed a fist-sized dent on the right rear quarterpanel by the lights. WTF!. if soemone from the grocery store let a shopping cart hit my car or if they backed up into my car, can i get the grocery store to pay for the damage? it was a "hit and run" incident. i dont know who did it, i just know it was done. Im so pissed, almost to the point to where i will quit my job if they dont pay. they need to pop out the dent and paint where it is, the paint is chipped off, but there is no other color around it. im so pissed off. this afternoon i get my paycheck and ill bring it up with my manager then, i hope they pay[:@]
Old 01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dent in CAR? WTF

Only thing that'll pay for your dent is your insurance. Your only recourse is to find who did it and make them pay for it, but barring that, you eat the cost for a hit an run on private property...(or public for that matter). I know in VA it doubly sucks because the police won't even make a crash report for parking lot accidents, which doesn't give insurance anything to believe you about. Best of luck man.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

don't expect much sympathy from the grocer store manager as he can't do anything for you about this either. rule of thumb is you assume any risk by parking you car in any parking lot or on the street when is is damaged by a hit and run driver or shopping cart. don't quit you job over it as that's not real bright either. best thing to do is find another place to park out of the way of the shopping carts and other drivers in the lot. you will have a longer walk, but there is less chance someone will hit your car!
you have just gotten a life lesson about how inconsiderate some people are when it comes to taking responsiblity for their actions when they damage other people's property. just be glad all they did was a small dent, it could easily have been much worse!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

i think the perp. is an suv with a plastic bumper it happened to my frined dented but no paint. a shopping cart would have to be flyin to put a fist sized dent in a panel. ya theres not much to do. try one of these dent doctors on hte infomercial <--- (sarcasm)
Old 01-28-2005, 07:34 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

i park about 6 rows away form the door (on end) and away from everyone else by 3 or more spots. all my coworkers compliment my car. i talked to the store manager today when i picked up my paycheck and when i go in sunday we will file a report. i dont know if he will compensate for the damage, but my insurance deductable is $250. it chipped the paint away so it is bare metal, fist sized dent below rear light and b/w bumper and quaterpanel. how much will it cost to repair? i hate the way it looks[&:]
Old 01-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

even with a picture it would be hard to tell. you need to go get quotes if you have full coverage. if not, you also need to get quotes. hopefully for you the damage is less than 250 so you can keep this one to yourself and keep everyones rates down
Old 01-28-2005, 08:46 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

yea i have liability and collision, but not f/c. im getting quotes form 4 or so places tomorow provided it isnt icey. stang + ice = [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
stock_95gt
1st Gear Member

I've had the same thing happen to my previous car. (and i also work at a grocery store)
It was the front, drivers side quarter panel, right next to the turn signal. Fist / baseball sized dent, paint scratched to the metal. The only difference for me, that there was paint left from the car. White.
My guess a big *** boat lookin car (Think, old Caddilac)... took the turn in too wide and bumped my front end with the headlight/front corner of their car.

I was pissed as you were.. but I let it go, and sold the car with the huge dent there.. (it was a P.O.S. car anyway).

Word of advice though, get it taken care of quicky or it will soon rust out and you'll be even worse off. Mine rusted.. looked like ****.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Damn, I love your atlantic blue stang, so seeing that it got bruised sucks!! I don't know if your work will do anything about it though. My friend's car got broken into while we were at work (at Target) and they probably would have gotten mine, 3 spots over but they broke her window and someone saw them. Anyhoo, Target has cameras that can zoom up to like 5 blocks away, but our security totally dicked her around and said since they "didn't see anything" they wouldn't pay for it. They filed a report, but she had to get it fixed herself and they didn't offer compensation.

It seems as if a lot of places don't care. Mine surely doesn't.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

yea, i love my car and it isnt POS so i wont sell it. We dont have security cams at publix (grocery store) so im filing a report either tomorow or sunday, even if they dont offer comp. im getting her fixed b/c it looks like ****. o well, life goes on... ill take her to the body shop and get her back to normal. ill take pics of the dent and post. while im bored tonight im painting my interior parts silver and putting 4 coats of clear. im in the middle of that now. so ill post some more pics of the stang, including my magnaflows in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Dent in CAR? WTF