General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey

I had 97 v6 for my first car, but the outside was a cobra clone. so while it looked fast, it was just a v6. the v6 still had some get up and go but i also got 4 tickets in one week because of the look of the car (only one was for the speeding). So if you do get a v8 just be reponsable enough not to speed, the big thing is the look of your car that gets your pulled over.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Bad Magik

I have to agree about the looks - I have the counties all through my small town eyeing me everytime I drive by - push in the clutch and keep on rollin!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SkillzDatKillz

ORIGINAL: ScottXL

Thats pretty much what I had in mind. I want a Eleanor body kit, and I have no idea what type of Sound System I want..I do know I want a good one. Any suggestions?
LMAO, that's funny you say that, man... I have an open topic in the audio portion of this forum [The people there are EXTREMELY helpful and nice] Link If you want, you can look through the previous threads, or even start your own thread, post your price range, and what you want... I'm sure seight311 and the rest of the crew will help. ^-^

I haven't installed my system yet, but I'll definetly post some pictures when I'm done, and tell you how great it sounds! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Magik

I have to agree about the looks - I have the counties all through my small town eyeing me everytime I drive by - push in the clutch and keep on rollin!
Smart man. Don't f**k with the po-po unless you got the power, *****, and road to win. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

The new sixers are about as fast as the stock 5.0HO's from the late 80's, so I wouldn't really call 'em slow. They do have adequate power if you aren't going for the speed. Though, I would say go for the GT.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Thats pretty much what I had in mind. I want a Eleanor body kit, and I have no idea what type of Sound System I want..I do know I want a good one. Any suggestions?
LMAO, that's funny you say that, man... I have an open topic in the audio portion of this forum [The people there are EXTREMELY helpful and nice] Link If you want, you can look through the previous threads, or even start your own thread, post your price range, and what you want... I'm sure seight311 and the rest of the crew will help. ^-^

I haven't installed my system yet, but I'll definetly post some pictures when I'm done, and tell you how great it sounds! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Thanks, I started a new thread asking for some opinions, I honestly have no idea when it comes to sound systems. Be sure to tell me how yours works out so I will know!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Mustang

The new sixers are about as fast as the stock 5.0HO's from the late 80's, so I wouldn't really call 'em slow. They do have adequate power if you aren't going for the speed. Though, I would say go for the GT.
Oh, don't be fooled! V6's still manage to whop a wallop. But, of course the V8's more powerful / faster.
I can still go fast as hell with my V6... but, I know that I can't win a race in it, so I try not to race.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:48 AM
notchbackmatt87
3rd Gear Member

pony guy ur notch is so bad ***
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 AM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

I don't really plan on modding my car too much, especially performance wise. A couple of things maybe, but I will mainly just drive it how I get it.
lmao, then why even bring up the sexy-of sexy, '03 Cobra?

Anyway, I say '07 V6 with a GT mod [For the lights, I love those lights], then upgrade the interior [Sound system, etc.], then if you must, a nice Roush Body kit >.>
If he didn't plan on modding much then the cobra would be a great v8. It has monstrous horsepower. Plus cobra's are def more of a panty dropper than a 6er.

Get what you want dude. I'm sayin GT or 03 cobra. If you bought yourself a 6er you would be kicking yourself in the *** later on down the road when you realize you could have gotten a v8. My first car was a 95 v6. I loved it until I mastered the power and speed of it. Then I got a lucky trade on a 95 v8 and I wouldnt trade it for nothing. Except maybe an 03 cobra.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Saleen or SVT

im in the same situation as you i want to get an 03 cobra (and I am) but im going to be driveing my brothers camaro to get used to the feel i've driven a car like 10 times (i'm 14)

Quick Reply: Hey