General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:30 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Default Hey

I'm getting ready to purchase a Stang..and I have around 35k to spend, thats how much dads letting me use. I love the new 2007 Mustangs..But I hear the 03 Cobras can beat about anything, plus there about 10k cheaper. What do you guys think I should get?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey

Is this your first car? If not, do you have any experience with racing/driving fast [And I'm not talking about just video games].

Regardless of what you may think, driving fast is incredibly dangerous, and if you don't have experience you probably will crash and burn.

If this is your first car, get a V6, or if you must V8 '07... and, if you have extra money your parents are willing to let you spend, spend it on the sound system or interior, or even exterior. If this is your first car, take it easy... maybe later you can get a fast car.

Now, if it isn't your first car,

'03 Cobra. :|

... they're... so sexy.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Personally..I think the new Stangs look nicer. I plan on just getting a 07 GT and getting a job for a few months and getting a body kit and some racing stripes but on it. Although I love the performance of the cobras..
Old 08-06-2007, 01:11 AM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SkillzDatKillz

Personally..I think the new Stangs look nicer. I plan on just getting a 07 GT and getting a job for a few months and getting a body kit and some racing stripes but on it. Although I love the performance of the cobras..
If it's your first car, I'm tellin' you to get an '07 V6 or GT... Preferably a V6, even though I know you'd probably hate it. If not you're gunna get in a LOT of trouble... Believe me, man. My brother had a V8 and was in trouble constantly, I have a V6 and I haven't gotten in trouble once... and I'm lovin' it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Yeah, but I think a couple of years down the road I will look back at it and known I could have gotten a V8. I think I should just get the GT but try to contain myself until my driving skills get better. Because I don't think anyone else ever going to spend this much on me again..so I might as well make it good..haha. I understand what your saying though..
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 AM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, but I think a couple of years down the road I will look back at it and known I could have gotten a V8. I think I should just get the GT but try to contain myself until my driving skills get better. Because I don't think anyone else ever going to spend this much on me again..so I might as well make it good..haha. I understand what your saying though..
Of course it's your money, bro... and EVERYONE says they'll contain themselves. But you give a boy power, and you can bet your *** he'll abuse it.

If I somehow have the gall to race people and drive a bit fast with my V6, I couldn't imagine me in a V8. I'm actually happy I bought a V8.

As for a fast car, an old Fox Boxy Mustang is about $1,200-$2,000 for a 5.0 LX. That plus about $2K worth of bolt-ons, and it's a 13 or 14 second car.
Money isn't always everything.

I would much rather have a nice DD then when I'm more experienced get a "racer". That's what I'm gunna do later, buy an old Fox and mod it.

No matter what you decide, you're gunna end up loving it.

A buddy of mine actually got a '07 GT, he supercharged it and put a chip in [All at one time]. He called me a day later and asked for a ride. I was like, "Why don't you drive your car?" He laughed and said, "It's too fast!"
Speed, it's a gift... it's a curse in Miami. :P [D*mn traffic!]
Old 08-06-2007, 11:37 AM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

yeah you could get a nice fox body any with what youhav eto spend you could have a really nice Fast , street strip car for sure
Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

I don't really plan on modding my car too much, especially performance wise. A couple of things maybe, but I will mainly just drive it how I get it.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

I don't really plan on modding my car too much, especially performance wise. A couple of things maybe, but I will mainly just drive it how I get it.
lmao, then why even bring up the sexy-of sexy, '03 Cobra?

Anyway, I say '07 V6 with a GT mod [For the lights, I love those lights], then upgrade the interior [Sound system, etc.], then if you must, a nice Roush Body kit >.>
Old 08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

ORIGINAL: ScottXL

lmao, then why even bring up the sexy-of sexy, '03 Cobra?

Anyway, I say '07 V6 with a GT mod [For the lights, I love those lights], then upgrade the interior [Sound system, etc.], then if you must, a nice Roush Body kit >.>
Thats pretty much what I had in mind. I want a Eleanor body kit, and I have no idea what type of Sound System I want..I do know I want a good one. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Hey