General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what model should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
GoonMX
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what model should i buy?

this kid is 14 years oldand obviously doesnt know pretty much anything about these cars. supercharger or carb? i hope you aren't that clueless when you start dating. kid, do yourself a favor and get something slower. i doubt you could even afford a cobra or even a gt unless your parents give it to you and they would be stupid to buy you a cobra. you sound like your going to kill yourself with whatever you get.

dont you have 2 years till you can legaly drive alone anyways? i cant knock you for trying to learn about these cars, but your posts are just plain stupid.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

Terminator....just don't wreck it..they behold power to the extreme.

gt's are 2v.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GoonMX

this kid is 14 years oldand obviously doesnt know pretty much anything about these cars. supercharger or carb? i hope you aren't that clueless when you start dating. kid, do yourself a favor and get something slower. i doubt you could even afford a cobra or even a gt unless your parents give it to you and they would be stupid to buy you a cobra. you sound like your going to kill yourself with whatever you get.

dont you have 2 years till you can legaly drive alone anyways? i cant knock you for trying to learn about these cars, but your posts are just plain stupid.
+1 to a certain extent.

I just read that you ARE 14.

now, if this is a serious question....
Do yourself a favor and get a sn-95 GT or something less powerful...corolla/etc.
You really don't need a lot of power(200+ hp) until you're 18, IMO.

Its just good to train yourself the basics of driving with a pos car first, so you don't ruin a 400+ hp monster.

even 200 hp is enough to kill you, if you have rwd(rainy conditions, etc..)

Besides, if you get, say a sn-95 gt or 5.0 first, then mod it eventually/sell it and buy a new edge gt/mach 1, you'll appreciate the power increase...etc... more than getting the full blown 400 hp. Just my theory.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Saleen or SVT

that's what i was thinking. i just looked at a pic of the engine and i coulnt tell if it was a S/C or a carborator.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

4v > 2v
Old 08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Yea dude get a GT to start out with. Have you ever been in a GT? Did you think it was too slow/boring??
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
LS1_Killer
1st Gear Member

yeah i absolutely agree with greystang. bro if you have had the power at your foot before and want more, 03-04 "Terminator" COBRA isa great way to go. thats if you have the money and would rather buy it instead of build it. but considering a statment made earlier in this post of "couldnt tell if it was a carb or s/c" iam guessingthat buying is the obvious choice. but if you go "Terminator" you better be able to drive a regular v8 rwd first. the last thing we need is another "Terminator"COBRA turned into a paper weight
Old 08-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Its just good to train yourself the basics of driving with a pos car first, so you don't ruin a 400+ hp monster.

even 200 hp is enough to kill you, if you have rwd(rainy conditions, etc..)

I just had this conversation with the neighbor kids mom. And you guys need to realize this too. She bought her 16 year old an LT1 Camaro. Then said she was going to make him park it all winter so he doesn't get hurt. What sense does that make? Because going 10 mph into a ditch is going to kill you? Big deal, the car needs a new bumper. $400 worst case. Right?

By all means though, let's give kids cars that will do 150+ mph and "Only let them drive it when it's 80 and sunny." Real genius parenting I see these days.

You should have seen the look on this womans face when I made that point. That never even occurred to her.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

like said in the other thread, save the 03/04 till youv'e had atleast 2 or 3 years of driving.

get a gt, slap some boltons, and a set of 4.10's on the thing, and have some fun.

or get a 96-98 cobra, and dothe same things, and when you REALLY understand and know you can handle it, slap a blower on it.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:17 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

if hes only 14 i doubt he can even afford an 03 - 04. and if his parents buy it for him, hes a spoiled little bitch. im basically a kid also and i bought this car when i was 16 for 4700. just turned 18.

Quick Reply: what model should i buy?