General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Don't buy Granatelli!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:39 PM
TritonTR20

Default Don't buy Granatelli!!!

DON’T BUY GRANATELLI!!!! Read this before purchasing anything made by Granatelli Motor Sports. I bought a Granatelli cold air kit for my 2007 Mustang GT (the one that comes with it’s own MAF sensor). I carefully installed it, and got check engine lights. Granatelli had me send back the calibration harness and sent me a new one. I installed it again, same thing happens again! I call them up and they tell me the cold air kit just doesn’t work with some vehicles and that I will get a full refund. I ship it back to the vendor (this is what they told me to do), and the vendor calls me and tells me they can’t refund my money because the kit is used. Well duh! I had to install it to find out it didn’t work (what is this, a Dilbert cartoon?). Long story short, they ship it back to Granatelli who now tells me they are charging a restocking fee to the vendor. The vendor then of course is charging me a 20% restocking fee!!! I tell Grantelli that they told me I’d be getting a full refund. They deny this and also deny telling me that the kit doesn’t work with some cars. This is total BS!!! Never buy anything from Grantelli, you’ll be sorry!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Don't buy Granatelli!!!

[]
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

In situations like this I try to get my credit card company involved.Tell them what you told us and see what they say.It might be an uphill battle but at least you might be able to keep them from getting any money until it's settled.The Better Buisness Bureau will get involved in your behalf if you write to them.
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
This is no guarantee you will get anything out of the offending company but they do at least get in touch with them.Just don't use bad language and try to compose your letters to as high a standard as possible.State only facts not opinions.They will also want to know how the problem can be resolved.
If none of that works,post a VERY bad review of Granetelli and their customer service on every forum you can find.So far,one down and about a thousand to go!!![:@]
Old 08-11-2007, 11:25 PM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

what about the tubular k member and a arms???