General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

without voiding warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 05:14 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

Default without voiding warrenty

Can anyone name a few mods that i can do to my 02 gt (manual tranny) without voiding warrenty. Im just curious cause i called them and they said I can't do 3.73's!!!!! I was so mad, they also said that even a Short throw shifter would void warrenty??wtf. Also wider tires void warrenty. Do you think i can do UD pullys? Ill call them back when there open
Old 02-03-2005, 05:17 PM
yoshis99_cobra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: without voiding warrenty

That's a bunch of crap. They don't void the warranty unless proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of any warranty related part. Find a new dealer to go to. My dealer just replaced the fuel pump with my mods on. They didn't even ask or say anything about. They noticed they were on there but they even said that I was running a little rich so they gave me some helpful tints to lean out a little.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

are u serious!! yea they said that there "cracking down" now with all the warrenty stuff. I guess ill call back and ask somone else there. Or maybe i can look at my warrenty papers. Ill post later when i find out
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
yoshis99_cobra
2nd Gear Member

Here's some informative articles for you to look over about warranty and such:

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124

and

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

This should help you with any warranty issues. Hope it helps, at least it's good reference material.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:44 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

i just called and this is what i heard... "for has changed there policy, air filter, exhuast, gears, suspension, will all void warrenty, gears will void drivetrail, air filter and exhuast will void somethin else (i forget what) basically any modification will void the warrenty, wheather they prove that it was a cause or not."

That just makes me mad. screw them
Old 02-03-2005, 06:48 PM
yoshis99_cobra
2nd Gear Member

I suggest talking to some of the Ford tech's there or the service manager and see what you can work out. I have two dealerships out by me that are awesome with modifications and warranty work. One of course is a Saleen dealer, so they're just happy to get the business come in and hopefully step up to a Saleen. ha Ha. The other dealership, of which I just got my fuel pump replaced at, the one tech has a built mustang, probably a 91, and the other guy has a lightning. They were cool about the whole thing and the service manager, well I guess he was just a nice guy. My service rep, a female, was absolutely cool too. I would have to say that my service team all together has just been aboslutely the BEST. I am going to write in a letter to the dealership about their service.

Sorry to rub it in, but do you have another dealership close by that you could talk to? Maybe you should walk in there and talk to them face to face. Sounds crazy but they might be more willing to talk to you instead of on the phone. I understand it might be Ford's policy, but the service people don't care either way. At least they shouldn't.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

the verdict is in.. and Im really pissed off now. it took me a while but i got the answer from some number
they said to give them my VIN and they will tell me what will void warrenty and it will be recorded. They said nothing at all can be done to the vehicle or it will void warrenty. ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WHATSOEVER. There u have it.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:57 AM
pipeliner
1st Gear Member

Its against the law to void the warrenty for bolt ons and such. Even a supercharger does not void your warrenty. Unless it can be proven without a doubt that the bolt on was the cause of faluire. Also if they dont over a free replacement of that smae part they sell over the counter: IE KN filter and such. I dont know who is feeding you this line of **** weather its the dealership or what, but talk to a lawer if your worried about it and he will give you the same response I have just given you.

Edited cause i like beer
Old 02-05-2005, 01:52 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

lol i dont know what to do everyone of u guys and the websites say it wont but the tech there said it will then another tech said it might not if they install a ford part, then that number i called said it will... GOD IM CONFUSED. I really want to get gears
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Well, it will either make you feel better or worse. But, I just went through it. I thought I would be smooth, knowing my car was way to modded for the dealer to fix. I broke my rear end a couple of weeks ago at the track. Rather than taking off all my mods and taking it to the dealer, I called Ford and asked what my options were. They said I could take it to ANY licensed repair shop. OH, COOL, I took it to a friend's shop. Well, to make a long story short. Since, I did not go to the dealer, Ford sent out an adjuster to look at my car, they denied the claim, I cancelled my remaining warranty and had to pay out of pocket.

Quick Reply: without voiding warrenty