General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

WHY YOU DO NOT GO TO JIFFY LUBE

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:47 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WHY YOU DO NOT GO TO JIFFY LUBE

Ohh I know man, I don't let anyone do oil nothing on my car, the only thing I let anyone do is CNC, then I'm back on my own.

I'm only letting go of my cars to BlueOval performance because their pretty good, and I don't have a chassis lift for the K-Member and stuff. M'ther F***ers try and sell me Quaker State when I already have Royal Purple when I have to pick up a friends car for em, don't understand why they think they can sell me a Boss of a Racing Group anything I don't already have!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:20 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Not all Jiffy lube's are like that.

I know that from experience!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM
feedingfrenzy

Good post. My wife thinks I'm nuts getting my ramps back from my father in law. Have a good shop I use for tires and fluids. They even forgot to tighten oil filter once. One of my cars is a company car and the other is my wifes minivan which is at 86000 so I just let them do oil changes. Bought the mustang this spring and nobody's gonna touch it unless they have to.
Have a freind who is not very mechanically inclined saying how he can get $14.00 oil changes up the street (so why bother) and my other friend sitting next to him saying how that same placecross threaded his pan nut among other things.
Do my boat myself as well. Don't have any idea if the stuff is getting done correctly if at all.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
bill_w
1st Gear Member

I must say that certification doesnt always mean quality. I knew of many ASE techs that couldnt replace a single part without a detailed step by step process. I actually had one ASE Master tech in my shop who took the Mitchel book home to study on how to replace a waterpump on a F150. I also had several certified techs at a dealer that could only upsell the high profit maintenance. The best I can tell anyone is to get some basic knowledge of your car, know what is recommended at what time, and follow close to that schedule. Find a trusted mechanic (hard i know) and ask questions. If your mechanic wont take the time to explain to you why something is needed, then you may need to move on.

Just think... all practicing doctors are "certified" but they all arent good.....You have to be able to back that paper up.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
bmennen07
2nd Gear Member

Jiffy lube up your butthole cause your gonna get ****ed!!