General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I hate California so much.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Willem_Black
2nd Gear Member

Default I hate California so much.....

Well, I went to court this morning for the speeding ticket in which I was paced and accused of doing 102 when I was doing 80. And also to fix the ticket on my tint, in which the CHP didn't even measure the level of the tint.....but anyway, I go to court and in doing so miss class and a test only to find out that I'm supposed to make an appointment to stand before a judge. Now I've only lived in New York and Atlanta, but when you get a ticket there, you either pay before the date on the ticket, or you show up to court. Not here....so now I have to miss more work and school in 3 weeks to fight something I'm not guitly of, but will more likely than not be fined around $1000 and lose my license.

And that's not even the best part. I figure I might as well go take care of the fix-a-ticket for the tint since I have some extra time now. I would have gotten it done yesterday, but the deputy at the sheriff's dept told me I couldn't have it approved because I still had tint on the rear window and he didn't have the equipment to check it. I told him that the issuing officer told me that only the front tint had to be removed and he said he still had to check the back and the fronts too. I ran this by some LAPD officers btw and they laughed and called the guy an idiot. Unfortunately LAPD can no longer check fixable violations.

Now we get to the good part, I pull my car around back of the courthouse at 9:30, just in time for the guy to check it. I pass, and he instructs me to park my car and go back inside to pay the $15. I park my car ACROSS THE STREET from the courthouse AND police station. I go inside, see the clerk and pay the money. Approx 15 minutes after I parked my car, I walk back up to it, and I see that my window has been smashed and my GPS unit has been stolen. I file a report, but even the cop admitted it's not likely I'll ever see my GPS again. I called Progressive and they won't cover the unit because even though it's almost $400 it wasn't permanently attached to the vehicle. They also won't cover the window because my deductable is 1k. So yeah, it's been a great day so far.....
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I hate California so much.....

wow, sounds like you've had a bad day. Hopefully it can only get better from here for you though. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
tiller828

wow dude that sucks now Im never moving to cali
Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

holy ****...that sucks dude..i thought i was having a ****ty week.....keep your head up man!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
REd_StAnG

[sm=jawdrop.gif]DANG!!! If I had a day like that I would[sm=bangbang.gif] myself.

I guess you just have to keep on chuckin'.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Willem_Black
2nd Gear Member

Well I replaced the window for $162.....not as bad as I expected, but I'm still mad I had to even replace it at all. So now I just sit and wait to go back to court......
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
pinche_maniaco
1st Gear Member

i live in LA no one touches my car...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

sucks bro. cali is a bitch with traffic violations i hear...tahts why i will never live there. my buddy who lived in cali told me something like if they catch you street racing they will confescate and crush your car...no reimbursement or anything. not sure if its true or not.

i had a window smashed out a few months ago and lost a 500$ deck in broad daylight in an open parking lot no less than 20 feet off THE main road around here. ~215$ for the window...and then the deck. never even bothered with the insurance company cuz even with my 500$ deductable it would cost just about as much to pay out of pocket and the insurance company wouldnt know about it (which is good...they werent happy with us. my car was totalled, my dads truck stolen, my mom rear ended at stoplight, my sister was hit by someone running a stop sign, and my old car was hit by an 18 wheeler.

**** happens, life goes on