General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Saleen SuperCharger installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen SuperCharger installation

Hello Group,
I had a Saleen supercharger installed a few day back and everything is running very good. One question I have for you all as a group. Before I did the supercharger install, I was running a custom tune, put on my Mustang GT by a shop called AMP in the valley. They used the Predator Diablo Tuner. I really liked the shift points, they were snappy and tight. Now with the supercharger installed the shift points are not snappy at all. So, Can I still use the Predator tuner to adjust my shift points or is this setup with my SC a whole new thing and will have to have the shop that installed the SC do a custom tune on my GT again? I will call and ask the shop, but I will have to wait until Monday next week for they are closed for the weekend due to a car show.
Do they have to take the car back to stock before they do a SC install, and then after installation of the SC, is there a custom tune then installed? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Casper
Old 10-12-2007, 06:35 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen SuperCharger installation

You will have to get the car re-tuned again but yes you can use the same tuner over again. In fact you should re-tune your car pretty SOON after installing F/I