General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustangs in the shop......TSB

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 06:26 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustangs in the shop......TSB

I have 6k miles before my warranty runs out. So I took it to the dealer.

The main thing is the TSB on the tranny. They are going to do the TSB even with my Steeda shifter...they didn't say a word about it.......they shouldn't anyway.

The second is the sqeak that I have heard some of you talk about, It is the throw-out bearing they said. They will fix this too.

The third is the power steering pump had a small leak. They will replace with new they said.

I am sitting impatiently waiting to get my car back. It's been in 2 days now. I called and they said they might be done Monday....and that the TSB kit is what is taking the time.

So....if you boys or girls have any warranty get your cars in and get the free TSB tranny kit. not sure what years this applys to but it might be all 99's-2004. It's worth a phone call. For the peeps out of warranty maybe they will make this a recall or something....my tranny wasn't in bad shape it just felt raspy on shifts when cold. The mechanic agreed with me and said they will repair.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs in the shop......TSB

my warranty runs out on 4/10, better call and see if i have any recalls
Old 02-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

They will never make it a recall. I have done a few of these and i can usually get them in and out in about 4-5 hours. So maybe they are wicked busy and are doing other things besides youre car. lol. PS pump, thats cake and the TOB is easy too. They shouldnt take more than 8 hours to do everything. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:44 AM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shawn02GT

my warranty runs out on 4/10, better call and see if i have any recalls

Well the TSB is some kind of service bulliten. Not a recall.....you have to ask for this to be done. It includes 2nd main shaft gear, 1-2 synchros, 3rd gear main shaft, 3-4 synchros, shift forks, blocking rings and different fluid.

Do a search for it and you can find more info: TSB 04-15-06 publication date:7/22/04.

Casper yea this is what they said is taking so long. You can do this in 8 hours? Come and fix my car!!!!..LoL.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Sounds like you brought it to the wrong shop. lol.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:19 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

no just one who doesn't put warranty work on a priorty list.....it's less $$$$ for the mechanic
Old 02-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, maybe they dont put warranty on a priority. But our dealership puts warranty stright up front. Mostly because they survey the customers who have warranty. If we put them last and make them mad, they tell on us. Stright to FORD we cant do a thing about it. So warranty comes first, we satisfy the customers and FORD is happy. lol.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

Guys my car is still in the shop. It has been like 8 days now. They said they had to pull the tranny out 4 times so far and have not got it right. The TSB for the tranny said 5.6 hours. This is at the local Ford dealer too. They gave me a loaner yesterday and said they are taking there time and trying to get it right. Do I demand a new tranny at this point?
Old 03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Wessy
1st Gear Member

if you can get a new tranny for free then I say go for it!!!! Sounds to me like they really f***ed something up and are trying to fix it!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Sorry bro, but you cant just demand a new tranny. lol. Its warranty, you cant just plop in a new trans. I have been reading the forums on the professional FORD website. And alot of people are having troubles with them. lol. I have done a few and havent had any problems. See the problem is.... Alot of these techs are NOT FORD certified. So they dont know exactly what to do. Yeah they do have a manual. But if you havent been doing trannys for a while, then youre gonna mess up the first try. Alot of people are putting the parts in backwards and parts in wrong places. Flat rate makes you push the envelope, rush rush rush rush. Thats the name of the game, sounds to me like now the tech is just burned out and taking his time. Good luck man!!

Quick Reply: Mustangs in the shop......TSB