General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustangs in the shop......TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 11:43 AM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs in the shop......TSB

Thanks guys!! I hope they just get it right. I am getting worried though. At least they keep tearing it back down trying to get it right intead of pushing it on me like that. Hell I don't know if its good or bad.....? Maybe this is the first TSB they ever done. Maybe I am the test dummy...? From what I read the tremec 3650 is just flawed. I'll wait it out and keep you guys posted.

If they get a flat rate of 5.6 hours they lost some $$$$ on this one. At some point wouldn't they cut their losses and give me a new tranny?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I still find it hard to believe it has change from when I worked for a d'ship.....you must have some inside guys just pushing you guys...do they still make a small comission off the machanics back?...as for being ford certifield..than trans is in several differnet makes.....
Old 03-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

LOL.... Vfast, i really tried. I did.... But i just cant understand youre post. lol.

First off, They have to test drive youre car after they finish and if it doesnt engauge in a gear or it is locked up. Which i will bet its locked up. Thats what happends then they get it wrong. lol. So they cant just push it on you they have to keep going until its right.

the 3650, really isnt a bad tranny, but FORD has to deal with whinny people. So when the first 100 or so people complain about their trannys, then they make a TSB to help other techs out with this problem.

5.6 hours is correct and yeah.. the tech lost his *** on it. BUT he has to keep on trying until its right. This is how it works, say i get a.... Ford taurus or Mustang which ever. I check out the tranny. It um... doesnt shift 3-4 shift. And the converter locks up all the time, not just after 4th gear. And... reverse doesnt engauge within a second. So i check it out, find out it needs a front pump, new clutchs, and the reverse one way clutch is bad. So i go to get a price on parts, comes out to a total of .... 2100 dollars. The warranty unit is 1800. It would cost more to rebuilt it then to put in a new unit. So Warranty tells me to replace unit. So as far as you go, they have already got all the parts, and they already paid this hack, 5.6 hours the first time. Now its time for him to fix his mistakes. Or they would back flag him, take his time and give it to another tech who knows what he is doing. and he looses everything.

you must have some inside guys just pushing you guys...do they still make a small comission off the machanics back?...as for being ford certifield..than trans is in several differnet makes.....
Hmm.. Inside guys pushing us.. i dunno what that means. Do they make a commision off of us? I dunno who they are. But everyone gets a piece of the pie. lol. Parts guys get commision from the parts they sell. Being FORD certified means you make more money. lol. ANd what other models use the TR3650?

Old 03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snlpa

Guys my car is still in the shop. It has been like 8 days now. They said they had to pull the tranny out 4 times so far and have not got it right. The TSB for the tranny said 5.6 hours. This is at the local Ford dealer too. They gave me a loaner yesterday and said they are taking there time and trying to get it right. Do I demand a new tranny at this point?
Just make damn sure you keep all the records and receipts from this trip to the dealership so you can have them in the future for showing to the dealership or the local Ford customer rep if you have any further problems once you get the car back from them. The fact that they had the car in to repair it and when they had it will be important down the road if there's more problems with the tranny and you'll need the proof that it was in the shop once already for this problem.