General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans flush=trans suicide???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Trans flush=trans suicide???

well it's a ther film on the clutches and when you put in new fluid the washes this out and sorta cleans them....now if you have metal floating that another story...thats why I would put a magnet on my oil and trans pans....I think they flush them so they can get a nice referal bonus to many transmission repair palces that's about as bad as them sucking out all the oil thur your dipstick and saying it cleans better when I change my oil I pour 1 qt of cheap oil threw the engine after the old oil is gone..to clean the bottom of the oil pan
Old 03-05-2005, 06:41 PM
bbuffy69

Default RE: Automatic or stick

How much difference between an automatic and stick shift in the 2005 Mustang GT.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:02 AM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

You really should do some more reaserch on flushing before desiding it's the Devil. Trust me. It will work 10000% better. The only time that it will not work over a service is if the filter is torn or stuck so heavily with metal that the pre flush solvents will not clean. If thats the case tho the tranny is already screwed.

I'm not pushing this without reason. I stake my 6 years as an auto Tech on it.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

yes please change your tranny fluid and filter when its due for general maintenance. otherwise the next person that buys your car might have to pay 2 grand for a trans rebuild....
Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

and who cares about the new owner?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

You really should do some more reaserch on flushing before desiding it's the Devil. Trust me. It will work 10000% better. The only time that it will not work over a service is if the filter is torn or stuck so heavily with metal that the pre flush solvents will not clean. If thats the case tho the tranny is already screwed.

I'm not pushing this without reason. I stake my 6 years as an auto Tech on it.
Are you kidding me?> a torn transmission filter?!?!? And if it was so stuck with metal that fluid cant run through then youre going to have problems anyways. Ever wonder why Dealership dont have Autotrans flushes( some might charge you for it, but dont actually do it)? Jiffy lube has them and people are actually dumb enough to buy them. They tell them a huge story of **** to make them buy them. And then BAM problems are caused then they tell the customer that they didnt take care of their car so thats why it happened.

we had a guy that bought his FORD Ranger then had it serviced at Jiffy lube. Well he comes back a year later and said his engine if loud and doesnt have much performance. Tried to tell us he needs a new engine. turns out i removed the oil filter and no oil came out. Pulled the drain plug and i got maybe a half qt of oil. Later on he sued Jiffy lube and got a new engine. I guess it all has to do with where you take it.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

and alot of times if your oil filter is hard to get to ..you guest it it won't get changed.....
Old 03-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Kooldac
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT
Are you kidding me?> a torn transmission filter?!?!? And if it was so stuck with metal that fluid cant run through then youre going to have problems anyways. Ever wonder why Dealership dont have Autotrans flushes( some might charge you for it, but dont actually do it)? Jiffy lube has them and people are actually dumb enough to buy them. They tell them a huge story of **** to make them buy them. And then BAM problems are caused then they tell the customer that they didnt take care of their car so thats why it happened.

we had a guy that bought his FORD Ranger then had it serviced at Jiffy lube. Well he comes back a year later and said his engine if loud and doesnt have much performance. Tried to tell us he needs a new engine. turns out i removed the oil filter and no oil came out. Pulled the drain plug and i got maybe a half qt of oil. Later on he sued Jiffy lube and got a new engine. I guess it all has to do with where you take it.
That's just ignorant. He deserved it. At least check your oil level once a year, my God.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

That's just ignorant. He deserved it. At least check your oil level once a year, my God.
How is that ignorant? Do you trust anyone? Some people do.... they trusted that their 19.99 was being put to use. They didnt expect that they had their oil drained and then none got put back in. Its all about trust. If you can trust someone then stick to them.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

ok. when you change your oil do you only drain out 2 quarts, change the filter and then fill it up? hell no. YOu drain it all out. Same aplies to the tranny. why change 3-4 quarts by droping the pan when the whole system holds 10+ quarts? if your tranny is THAT brunt that new fluid will harm it your going to get the same damn reaction when you add the fluid. adding 4 quarts at a time will just make it a slower death. That doesn't mean at all that a flush is bad. it is the ONLY good way to change all the fluid without pulling the tranny and cooler. it will also push and capture metal particals that are in the lines, converter etc. there is ZERO chance that a flush is bad for you. If a flush kills yours tranny so would droping the pan, it just might for for another months as it slips really bad before it dies.

Lemme tell you a story.

older dodge with a 3speed. Notorious for being the worst tranny ever. Car was in a flood, water got into the tranny. the car would not shift or move. pulled the pan off and EVERYTHING was rusted really bad and goopy. We changed the filter, cleaned everything really really really really well. Got it back together and filled it. still nothing. Droped the pan again and filled it. still nothing. told them that it needed a tranny. The sales guy for BG utomotive products was there and said "if you flush it it will work" he laughed at him. he said alrght, I'll bring the mechine and try it. If it doesn't work i'll pay for the fluid and if it does you buy and use the mechine. So we agreed. He brought the machine. ran the ceaner through. hooked it up and started flushing. There is a site glass on the machine that you can see the old fluid coming out. it was nasty. but it was improving. By the time it was finished and 16 clean quarts was moved through it the fluid looked pefect. He unhooked the machine and while it was still on the rack we put in in gear. to our shock it started to move. We went out for a test drive, Not only did it move but it shifted.

Honestly. get some real world expirence in the trade before you start shooting down things that work. Tell me one good reason NOT to flush a tranny. like I said first. it's exactly the same as only changing 2quarts of your motor oil.

I have personaly flushed 30+ cars now including my GF's car. I would even use it on my car if it was an auto.

look it's really simple. change all the fluid or change 1/3 of the fluid. Common sence tells you that getting all the fluid out is what you want.

if you want an in depth decription of how the machine functions I can tell you.

Quick Reply: Trans flush=trans suicide???