General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First few moves!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First few moves!

id get headers, o/r x pipe and catback. then CAI, TB, u/d pullies, injectors, upper and lower, shifter kit, suspension work and u got a nice whip. o yea get rid of that ac and smog pump
Old 03-26-2005, 03:42 PM
87GTHO
2nd Gear Member

Thanks again guys, i think for the time being ill stick to the basic stuff, TB and the exhaust will have to wait. Man id love to meet up and shoot the stuff with everyone!

This is definetly the best board iv ever been on, thanks for the help
Old 03-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Predator
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah, your is a pre-maf. If you plan on doing at least a modest amount of modifying, then I would suggest doing a maf conversion. Speed density gets all screwey when you do mods to it, but a maf system can cope alot better.

If you don't know, speed density guesses on how much air is comming in to the engine, and maf measures how much air is comming in. That in a nut shell is why maf can cope better, so it might be wise to have that be one of your first mods.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:34 PM
StangerGT
2nd Gear Member

you dont need injectors unless you do heads and intake and exhaust and maybe a cam, or you supercharge your car. but i would start with gears personally, 3.73 will wake your car up and have the traction lock rebuilt and start stripping down the car, take the ac out if it doesnt work. if this isnt gonna be a daily driver i would say take all the sound mat out of your car, and even take the power stearing out and get a flaming river manual rack, then do the exhaust, and the suspension, new springs shocks and rear upper and lower control arms , and subframe connectors. that should make your car pretty fast and handle well, and shouldnt cost you too much.