General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Borla side exit parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:35 PM
yellow95 347

Default Borla side exit parts

I just bought a 95 gt with the Borla (SVO) side exit kit on it, however, it is missing one of the tailpipes (or side pipe). Does anyone know if I can buy just the pipe from Borla or through SVO maybe? I like the look of the side skirts so I kind of prefer to keep the side exit set up.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 PM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Borla side exit parts

no they will come as a kit unfortunatley thats just how they sell them, you'll need to place the whole shabang.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:28 PM
yellow95 347

That sucks........

In that case, anyone got one they are looking to sell? I need the driver's side.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

I can't believe you're just taking his word for it (no offense).

A) Call Borla and ASK THEM. People nowadays seem hesitant to pick up the phone.
B) Go to a custom exhaust shop and have them bend you two new tailpipes. Stick with 2.5" tubiong and make sure it's mandrel bent.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:19 PM
yellow95 347

Thanks Acer,

A) Yeah, I figured. I have an email into Borla, still waiting for an answer from them. Also I think I will call a local SVO dealer to see if they can get it.

B) I had one shop take a look at it, they told be that they would be happy to put the pipe on it for me but I would have to get the pipe from Ford. Um duh, I'd put it on myself if I had it!! That was only one place though, going to check a couple of other places if Borla and SVO dealer fall through.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:11 PM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

know what he's right maybe borla would be willing to make just one for you or maybe they have extra pipes that they need to get rid of, but as far as getting a shop to bend some for you thats up to you part of having a borla exhaust is the million mile warranty and the sound, I mean you get what you pay for, if you need to save a couple of bucks you can jury rig somethin up but since someone had spent the money on a quality set up maybe you should consider that option also.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:08 AM
yellow95 347

No, the first guy was right. I emailed Borla about 2 weeks ago, still have yet to hear back from them. So I picked up the phone and called them a couple of days ago, let's just say I was less than impressed. In fact I was quite suprised and sadly disapointed at how poor their customer service actually was.

The guy I talked to on the phone was seemed totally unwilling to do anything for me because I was not the "Original" purchaser of the system. It seemed like about the first question out of his mouth was , "Did you purchase this system"? To which I replied, "No, I just purchased this car and it is missing the pipe. I would like purchase one if possible." then he tells me that "there's nothing they can do" because I was not the original purchaser and they are discontinuing that system anyway. UNBELIEVABLE!! So much for the million mile warranty.............I will NEVER buy a Borla system for anything after this.

Had another issue....the fuel pressure gauge that was in the car, never been hooked up, missing the sending unit. Emailed Auto Meter to see what sending unit I needed, they tell me it's a recalled guage, send it in and they will send me a new one...... FREE. It's a $180-190 guage!!! Now that is EXCELLENT customer service!!

Sorry for the length of the post, but I needed to vent a little.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:29 AM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

basically like alot of products the warranty is not transferable, which if you plan on keeping your stang that would be beneficial, you see borla like alot of companies rarley have to deal woth the actual customer unless there are problems so they are going to be a pain in the *** to talk to or deal with unless you actually are eligible for the warranty, but their products are usually purchased by distributors such as summitracing etc, and they come as a kit, and as long as you bought the system and have your receipt you will never have to worry about the system which is good piece of mind. so i wouldn't really pay much attention to their customer service all those major companies have to follow strict guidlines and they are constantly monitored to make sure they are not wasting there time and or yours, they obviously could not do anything for you which is what i had said originally, but hey you tried, doesn't mean that there products are crappy and if you had purchased the system and they had helped you out you would be singing praises to them. so you could try to fabricate your own system and replace it do to rust every couple years , or you can spend the extra on the borla and never worry again, knowing that you purchased the system and are covered for any reason so long as you own the vehicle.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:08 PM
yellow95 347

I understand the warranty not being transferable, but I was NOT looking for a warranty claim to get free parts. I specifically asked if I could PURCHASE one, but they wouldn't even let me do that. It was like that option was totally out of the question, just because I did not purchase the system. Like I said, NEVER will I buy a system from them.

Of course, they wanted me to buy an entire new kit to the tune of $550 - $650 depending on where you get it.

FYI - I did end up tracking down someone on the net that had the pipe I need, should have it by the end of next week.