General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What was the deal? New Shelby broken down?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default What was the deal? New Shelby broken down?

So while heading down 95 to get my recall work done I saw a new white Shelby sitting on the side of the hwy. I noticed it from far back and started to make my way over to the slow lane. I was going to pull over and ask him/her if they were ok or needed help. Fellow Mustangers gotta stick together right? Anyway, when I started to get close I then noticed it was empty? There was no body around and this was for sure a Shelby or they spent a boat load of cash to cloan it up inside and out. Car was spotless, forgot to mention it had paper tags.

So what was the deal with this car?? I sure would not leave my current Stang let alone a Shelby. Thoughts.....
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What was the deal? Shelby broken down?

Wizzing in the woods. The few people I've met that own them seem to be that type of down to earth person, not afraid to **** on mother nature.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

Bah, just because it's a Shelby doesn't mean it can't break down. It's STILL a Mustang! lol!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] ouch! that one hurt!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] ouch! that one hurt!
Take heart. Lambroghini's used to have a horrible reputation for breaking down all the time. That didn't mean they weren't still sweet cars!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Take heart. Lambroghini's used to have a horrible reputation for breaking down all the time. That didn't mean they weren't still sweet cars!
Very true my freind and I would buy one in a heart beat if I could afford it ha ha! Stare at them for ever when I see them in a mag or go down the hwy.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

lol, I chose locked in the trunk because it seemed to be the most improbable scenario.

I would have to guess the car probably ran out of gas : I work on the road a lot and I see it happen often (whatever the car).
Old 03-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

I say it's a case of "infant mortality".
Chances are if a car is going to break down it'll do it soon after it's turned out of the factory or after a major repair.If a car has run normally for 50,000 miles,the chance of a random breakdown is small.Even a car with 100,000 trouble free miles is considered to be reliable these days.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

One thing everyone seemed to have over looked was since this was a new vehicle with paper tags it is clearly under the Ford roadside program that gets it a free toll. (for you guys who dont know that) So since he/she gets a free tow why were they not in the car? I thought well maybe they had to walk to a phone but I don't know one person under 50 who does not own a cell phone so seems odd to me.

If it were me I would have called roadside and laid back and went to sleep until they got there. Well, I guess this ends the debate, we will never know. Thanks to those who took the poll and or posted.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone thought that the new owner was hauled off to jail for some serious traffic violation?They don't always tow them right away.

Quick Reply: What was the deal? New Shelby broken down?