General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

buying mustang live in uk need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 AM
lecraw

Default buying mustang live in uk need some help

hi i am from south wales uk looking to buy a cervini mustang i have put in a preliminary spec and am waiting for a quote this is my spec thus far can you give any info on any of these parts reliability, performance ect

the car is based on the 4.6 v8

white/red viper stripes

eibach susrention

70mm bbk throttle body (is it better to have a twin 62mm throttle body is there a difference)

3.73 diff gears

sct live wire tunner

brembo GT big break kit

speeda billet charge motion controle plates

speeda complete cold air intake system

thats as far as i got dont wish to super charge yet if you can suggest better alternatives or any extra add ons to increase power with out changeing pistons or cams ect please state as will be much apretiated

thanks alot ryan

Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: buying mustang live in uk need some help

The "eibach suspention" is just lowering springs.. but that's not a bad thing.

the throttle body isn't going to really do anything for you without some kind of power adder, like a blower.

3.73 gears is definitely a good thing.

The tuner isn't going to do you a lot of good now, but having it available to adjust for future mods is a good thing.

Brembo brake kit is very much a good thing. Going fast is good... but being able to stop is even better, when you think about it.

Steeda cold air intake, meh... once again, without a power adder won't be likely to get you anything really.

There really isn't a lot you can do for a mustang to increase power significantly without spending cash on heads/cams or a power adder like n2o or a blower. You could put on under-drive pulleys to free up a few hp and a cat-back exhaust to make it sound nicer and maybe get another couple hp. Other than that, the gears will make it a LOT more fun to drive. Start saving up for a blower!

So I have a question for you:

Since you guys drive on the wrong side of the road over there, is this a left hand, or right hand drive mustang?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
lecraw

Default RE: buying mustang live in uk need some help

ive asked for a quote on a left hand drive mustang so its going to be intresting overtaking "on the wrong side of the road"