General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

White guage overlay (indiglo)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Mune
1st Gear Member

Default RE: White guage overlay (indiglo)

hmmmm, k. I may have to look into that next. I am getting it tinted tuesday, then I will ask hubby what I can do next. He wants to be here when I do a lot of it so that may be one project I will have to wait until july when he is home to do. But I would like to do the blue.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babygurl2000

ORIGINAL: Aongus

ORIGINAL: Mune

Don't know if this is a related subject, but is that how you change the colors of your guages? I would love to go blue or possibly green but I am not exactly sure on how you go about that. Is it a pain? What is all involved? Thx.
Well, yes. Mine are now white faced, with Blue markings & red needles & the redline area. When I light it up it glows blue (like the indiglo watches). I have heard of differing color option faces where you can alter the color with a switch but I didn't know if I wanted to go with that becasue you have to find a location for the **** when you are done & I hate the look of a rigged setup.
here are mine. they came yesterday and I am installing them today.
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/in...struction.html
notice the DO NOT PULL THE NEEDLE OUT ? lol
I see that. I wish they had better pictures so I can see what they aretalking about becasue there was no way my overlay was going on without the needles coming off. Well, good luck with your setup!

Oh, by the way, what year is your car? THe pictures they did list were different than what I have. On anyother note, did you see the "white surround overlay" that sticks on the clear plastic? Way funny!

Lastly, where in Michigan are you? I am in Milwaukee. I have some friends in Michigan & thought if I were there one day I'd look you & your stang up & we could racfe, cruise or just rag on eachother about our cars.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mune

hmmmm, k. I may have to look into that next. I am getting it tinted tuesday, then I will ask hubby what I can do next. He wants to be here when I do a lot of it so that may be one project I will have to wait until july when he is home to do. But I would like to do the blue.
Your Husband in Iraq?
Old 04-09-2005, 01:41 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

times like this i wish i had a man around here. that way he could help me with my mods...
Old 04-09-2005, 05:29 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

i need help...OMFG this is not an easy task..
Old 04-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Mune
1st Gear Member

Nah, thankfully. Navy. His ship is on a NATO tour in Europe. He is playing war games with foriegn countries for "training". Long a$$ training if you ask me. But stuff like this on the car, I like trying to save stuff aorund the house and on our stang..hmm hmm ..my stang... for him to do or help me with when he gets home so that he can feel more like he is involved at home. You have to do that when they are gone 6 months at a time. [&:]
Old 04-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Mune
1st Gear Member

wow babygurl, that bad? If a woman is having a problem and she is using the instructions, no way your average "man around the house" gonna be able to do it. I might save this for the pros then....[:-]
Old 04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

ok they are in and done.

the driving lights are in and done too.

im happy once again... thanks Dave for your help and billy_badass helped too
Old 04-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YinYangStang

I dunno if this resets them or not, but it's worth a try:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
when you get to the gage part it sweeps them max to min, it might reset them too. Worth a try and a neat trick no matter what.
No, that does not reset them. It is an easy way to tell if you have set your needles on correctly, however.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babygurl2000

ok they are in and done.

the driving lights are in and done too.

im happy once again... thanks Dave for your help and billy_badass helped too
Cool! Where in Michigan are you? I was just around the bend earlier today (indiana). If you were near there, I could have swung up & given you a hand. Anyway, I am glad you got them in. Drop us some pics so we can check them out. I am doing the same (pics) right now.

Quick Reply: White guage overlay (indiglo)