General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

White guage overlay (indiglo)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

Default White guage overlay (indiglo)

Ok, I installed the guage face overlay but I didn't realize they needles on the guages would be so hard to get back into the right position. I have them close but I know for a fact that my speedo is now about 5mph too fast. Now an optimist might say that is a good thing, it'll keep me from speeding too much. I say, ITISN"T RIGHT & IT"S DRIVING ME NUTS! Any thoguths as to an easier fix (other than the trial & error method I have been doing)? Do I have to have my ecm reflashed for recal my instruments? Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:17 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: White guage overlay (indiglo)

from what i understand its all one unit. you shouldnt have had to take off the needles at all ???

i ordered these too buti havent gotten them yet..

i researched these indiglos and it looked pretty simple on the install.

have you gotten it corrected yet?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babygurl2000

from what i understand its all one unit. you shouldnt have had to take off the needles at all ???

i ordered these too buti havent gotten them yet..

i researched these indiglos and it looked pretty simple on the install.

have you gotten it corrected yet?
Well It depends on what you bought. If you bought an "overlay" which just onstalled over the existing face plate or if you ordered a new guage cluster. If you ordered the new cluster, then you just replace the old one with the new one. If it is the overlay, Well, I suppose it would depend on which one you ordered. Mine didn't come with instructions & from what I could see, I had to take off the needles o get it on. I haven't fixed it yet but an going to try again tonight. I'll let you know what I do.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

Whew! That was a b*tch! & rather than dick with it any longer, I just drove along side a friend with the windows down, set the cars cruise @ 30mph & stuck the needle on! LOL! Gotta do what ya gotta do!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Mune
1st Gear Member

Don't know if this is a related subject, but is that how you change the colors of your guages? I would love to go blue or possibly green but I am not exactly sure on how you go about that. Is it a pain? What is all involved? Thx.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:45 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

are you serious ? lmao

thats too funnah

i bought the whole cluster

its gonna be installed this weekend
easy as pie i hear.i will let you know
Old 04-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: babygurl2000

are you serious ? lmao

thats too funnah

i bought the whole cluster

its gonna be installed this weekend
easy as pie i hear.i will let you know
Yep. I'm serious! I did the diagnostics thing and I am about spot on so I guess it wasn't a bad way of doing it. Kinda the cheap mans way but a way nonetheless!

You are right, the cluster is WAY easier! You ccan do it in under a half hour. Mine are Ingiglo though & I don't think I could have gotten it with the cluster.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Aongus
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mune

Don't know if this is a related subject, but is that how you change the colors of your guages? I would love to go blue or possibly green but I am not exactly sure on how you go about that. Is it a pain? What is all involved? Thx.
Well, yes. Mine are now white faced, with Blue markings & red needles & the redline area. When I light it up it glows blue (like the indiglo watches). I have heard of differing color option faces where you can alter the color with a switch but I didn't know if I wanted to go with that becasue you have to find a location for the **** when you are done & I hate the look of a rigged setup.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:55 AM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

I dunno if this resets them or not, but it's worth a try:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
when you get to the gage part it sweeps them max to min, it might reset them too. Worth a try and a neat trick no matter what.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:15 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aongus

ORIGINAL: Mune

Well, yes. Mine are now white faced, with Blue markings & red needles & the redline area. When I light it up it glows blue (like the indiglo watches). I have heard of differing color option faces where you can alter the color with a switch but I didn't know if I wanted to go with that becasue you have to find a location for the **** when you are done & I hate the look of a rigged setup.
here are mine. they came yesterday and I am installing them today.
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/in...struction.html
notice the DO NOT PULL THE NEEDLE OUT ? lol

Quick Reply: White guage overlay (indiglo)