General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paint job

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:30 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

Default paint job

say i get my first mustang... and the paint has lost its luster...how much would it cost me for a paint job... one solid color? Most likely a blue...or would it be cheaper if i keep it the original color?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:32 AM
JonBeast

Default RE: paint job

Thats SUCH a general question, prices vary a lot. Just go to a paint shop and get some estimates if and when you get your car. For a real paint job its going to cost a couple grand. It all depends. You looking into any specific year mustangs yet?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

keep it the original color to save A LOT, probably get it as cheap as 1,000 if original color and not much body work, but mine was 2,000 and i did all the body work. i have a tweaked original color
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

def... either 94 or 95... i found one in connecticut for 3800.. so im guessing mayeb the car doesnt look shiny ne more or sumthing? Coz he sed its in great condition. Ive still gotta call him, but its a red car, and maybe im wrong but ive always thought red mustangs in those years tend to lose there luster more than other colors. Is this true or am i just seein things
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
birdman076
2nd Gear Member

If the paint has lost its luster or oxidized, you can always buff it with polishing compound, or wet sand it then buff it if its really bad. Lot of time, effort, and hard work but its better than dropping 1 or 2k on a paint job.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: IdontOwnaMustangYet

def... either 94 or 95... i found one in connecticut for 3800.. so im guessing mayeb the car doesnt look shiny ne more or sumthing? Coz he sed its in great condition. Ive still gotta call him, but its a red car, and maybe im wrong but ive always thought red mustangs in those years tend to lose there luster more than other colors. Is this true or am i just seein things
Cool, my body style but a 5.0, nice choice. I dont really know about the red, my green paint is still very good and mine's a 97, but it depends on the owner before you. Check that car out man. 3800 is pretty low, it might have a lot of miles.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:43 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: birdman076

If the paint has lost its luster or oxidized, you can always buff it with polishing compound, or wet sand it then buff it if its really bad. Lot of time, effort, and hard work but its better than dropping 1 or 2k on a paint job.
Very true, my friend has been doing that to his car. It looks good but it is really tedious.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

3800 is pretty low, it might have a lot of miles.
128k miles, thats not too bad is it? I mean its a 94 so your not going to find many under 120 even
Old 04-07-2005, 01:49 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: IdontOwnaMustangYet

3800 is pretty low, it might have a lot of miles.
128k miles, thats not too bad is it? I mean its a 94 so your not going to find many under 120 even
I bought mine with 102k, its not too bad. But you never know, you might wanna try to find one with less miles, there are a lot of stangs out there for sale.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:51 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

yea.. just not around where i live.. im in new york and connecticut is the closest ive found, im starting to get terribly frusturated, but ill take care of it like its my baby, and most likely rebuild the engine if sumthign seems to go wrong.

Quick Reply: paint job