General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Floor Pan Replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
n1netyn1ne
1st Gear Member

Default Floor Pan Replacement.

Hello all...
[blockquote]
I'm finally able to drive my stang again after2 months worth of collisionrepairs...after it got totalled. cost me $4450 out of pocket... OUCH RIGHT!!!

(some of you are probable saying why didn't i just walk away from it and find another...
We'll I'd say For the l0ve of the foxbody!!!I cant let this one go.. I've had it for 2.5 years)[/blockquote]
Anyway... the next challengeI face is the passenger side floor pan... which is just about 95% rust-rott at this point. The only thing holding the seat isabout8"of metal where the seat bolts to the pan...other then that... the carpet is suporting the seat...

...Of courseI drive by myself anyway...ifI need to bring my girlfriend she sits behind me for now tillI can sort this through...

Luckily for me the drivers side floor pan has no rott at all!!!...

SoI need to know a few things..
IfI were to take on this project myself... would this "require" a lift to get underneath the car and weldor couldI replace/ weld the pan from inside?
...while alsoleaving the drivers side panand seat intact?

Any help on howI should go about doing this would be great..
I already searched the forum about floor pans last week...
Which leadme to http://www.mustangsunlimited.comwere I purchased the passenger side floor pan...

I can imagine ifI take it to a shop this could get pretty pricey....

Suggestions welcome.
THANKS
Jim.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:29 AM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Floor Pan Replacement.

There is some welding you will have to do on the underside, namely the crossmember bracket. You don't need a lift though, just some good jack stands. I do recommend forking over the money for a specific spot weld cutter, it will save you time and head aches when drilling out the spot welds.