General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 Cobra wheel alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:06 AM
zeromancer

Default 03 Cobra wheel alignment?

I just recently purchased a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra. I noticed that the steering wheel of the car was slightly off to the right. It had a pull to the left only at crusing speed, and when it was given some gas. When turning to theright in reverse, it made like a "thumping and squiky" sound on the front left of the car. (rack and pinion?)I look at the tires for a bad rotation, and they are non-rotatabletires.It was explain to me that, the tires position stays "as is", regarless of you switch them to either side or backwards(you can see this). I then got and alignment at a local shop. It fixed mojority of the steering wheel toit's natural position. The car drives very good now, but it still has a slight veer to the left at crusing speed in the freeway? I look more in detail in the tires.I noticed that the front left wheel is about a half inchoutside of the wheel base than the right wheel.The caralso has no major accident or frame damage whatsoever. I really hope someone isout there thatcan help me find an answer to this problem. I would much appreciate your help! Thanks! Frank
Old 03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 Cobra wheel alignment?

why can't you rotate the tires?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM
zeromancer

Well, you can rotate but the desing (lines) of the wheel stay the same regardless if they are switched around or backwars. They will always stay the same. Example front tires---> [///] [///] Im not sure if this is also a factor to the alignment?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zeromancer

I noticed that the front left wheel is about a half inchoutside of the wheel base than the right wheel.
I'd have a frame shop or a body shop look deeply into this.

As for the tire rotation. Many directiontional tires can't be rotated left to right.
If they are the same size you can swap front to rear, staying on the same side.