General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another quick Mach 1 vs 05 GT question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

Default Another quick Mach 1 vs 05 GT question

I know Ive bugged you guys alot, but i failed to mention one little detail, this will be officially my first car. I have been driving my parents two 04 GTs and two 07 GTs since i was 15, and I was driving thier focuses when i was 14. They had two focuses, then they traded them in for two 04 GTs, then traded them in for two 07 GTs. So Im not new to V8 power, but if the Mach 1 is that much better then the S197 then I gotta ask, do you still think i should stick with a Mach 1?

I really do appreciate the feedback, thank you again.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another quick Mach 1 vs 05 GT question

Considering you've driven both a New Edge and an S197, which car do you like better.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

from and ergonomics standpoint the s197 wins, but if want to go fast go with the Mach 1
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Both should be about the same speed stock, get whichever one you like the best. I'd take the Mach all day long...
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The Mach 1 will be a little faster. It weighs less and has more power.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:35 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangManiac67

I know Ive bugged you guys alot, but i failed to mention one little detail, this will be officially my first car. I have been driving my parents two 04 GTs and two 07 GTs since i was 15, and I was driving thier focuses when i was 14. They had two focuses, then they traded them in for two 04 GTs, then traded them in for two 07 GTs. So Im not new to V8 power, but if the Mach 1 is that much better then the S197 then I gotta ask, do you still think i should stick with a Mach 1?

I really do appreciate the feedback, thank you again.

uhhh so whats the question here? you dont want the mach1 because its a better car?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

As long as you know you can control the car and won't do anything stupid that could get you killed, get the mach 1. The power difference isn't that much, so if you think you'll kill yourself with one of them, just get a V6 mustang. There fast enough and harder for you to get into trouble with. But to me it's sounds like you'd be ok with the either. TheMach 1 is an attention grabber to, so think to yourself if you want that attention. But if you'd throw a loud exhaust on the GT, they'd both be attention grabbers. I'd say the mach for obvious repetitive reasons, but you decide.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

True story about the Mach being an attention grabber. When I hang out with my friends who know nothing about cars and we see a Mach they know what it is. The only Mustangs that people around here recognize are the Cobra's and Mach's, when they see a GT or a V6 they don't even notice it.They will both be quick cars but I think that the Mach looks and sounds better.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

As long as you know you can control the car and won't do anything stupid that could get you killed, get the mach 1. The power difference isn't that much, so if you think you'll kill yourself with one of them, just get a V6 mustang. There fast enough and harder for you to get into trouble with. But to me it's sounds like you'd be ok with the either. TheMach 1 is an attention grabber to, so think to yourself if you want that attention. But if you'd throw a loud exhaust on the GT, they'd both be attention grabbers. I'd say the mach for obvious repetitive reasons, but you decide.

well i wouldnt get an 03-04 cobra becasue i KNOW i wouldnt be able to drive the car easy let alone really DRIVE that car, but the way you guys made it sound was the Mach 1 was the cobras little brother and makes the 05 GT look like a dog, but i guess i just over thought what you guys were telling me. thanx again guys, i really do appreciate it.

ill stick with the Mach 1...

oh and to acascianelli, i never said i have driven the new edge, idk where you got that from
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You said you drove your parents 04 GT's.

Quick Reply: Another quick Mach 1 vs 05 GT question