General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustang upgrades... opinion please/help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
headinjury6

Default Mustang upgrades... opinion please/help

I have a 2008 billet mustang and I want to get off road exhuast with a X pipe twister exhuast mufflers Borla headers and steeda cold air intake (with high air flow elbow)

If I cut out my cats I am told I wont lose power but I need to trip out my o2 sensors... will the live wire tuner knock them out for me ? or do I need something special for this?

I also want to get GMS Ford 3V Coil Pack Kit, BBR Mustang GT 3V Camshaft, light weight pullys, better plugs, will I need to upgrade my clutch and rear end with these mods?

and will I get more HP with a high PSI head and valves/springs or is the stock head and springs good enough for the new cam?

sorry for the repost... if any of this doesnt make sense or sounds like a dumb noob mistake let me know, im kinda new to the car upgrades but its sparked my interest so much im selling my crotch rocket to pay for upgrades to my car
Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang upgrades... opinion please/help

When i went to an o/r h, from factory, you can feel the lost torque down low. Don't cut the cats off a brand new car. Just buy an offroad pipe x or h for your choosing. A custom tune for your added cai will also turn off the O2 sensors for the offroad pipe. You must have a lot of cash sitting around to be thinking about all these worthless mods. If you got that kinda cash, throw a twinscrew on and be done with the little mods. Worthwhile upgrades for a n/a. Intake, tune, gears, headers, short throw shifter, a few suspension upgrades.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
headinjury6

Default RE: Mustang upgrades... opinion please/help

what i would really like to know is why the mods are worthless, ive been told you get HP increase from all of them... not trying to argue but I am trying to learn. wouldnt a better cam shaft with better head and valves be good?