General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vertical Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:22 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Vertical Doors?

No..... They are just there to be different, for looks, for originality and that expensive look, and trust me thems aint cheep.

Personally I think whoever has em and has them done right is cool, if they dont then they are still cool. Mustang peeps are mustang peeps and we all have different tastes ya know? Least we like the same basic thing

-Eric-
Old 04-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

In no way does lambo doors make the car look or seem faster than it really is, thus it isn't rice.
Rice isn't just about the appearance of speed. You ever seen those Hondas with 24 speakers and 7 subwoofers? They actually sell sets where you can put TWO car batteries to power the ridiculous sound system that threatens to vibrate their transmission of the mounts. THAT'S RICE and so are lambo doors. Unless it's a low low LOWered car like a lotus, delorian, or lambo (and others), those look absolutely ridiculous. But that's just my humble opinion.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

They have competitions with sound systems. Who can get the most DB rating in there car. Just because they have all those speakers doesnt qualify as rice in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I think any front wheel drive car that is modded should be considered rice.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

::Holds the door open for 2000SI to come storming in::
Old 04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

In no way does lambo doors make the car look or seem faster than it really is, thus it isn't rice.
Rice isn't just about the appearance of speed. You ever seen those Hondas with 24 speakers and 7 subwoofers? They actually sell sets where you can put TWO car batteries to power the ridiculous sound system that threatens to vibrate their transmission of the mounts. THAT'S RICE and so are lambo doors. Unless it's a low low LOWered car like a lotus, delorian, or lambo (and others), those look absolutely ridiculous. But that's just my humble opinion.
So you're one of those, anything that's an import or something import people do = rice. got it. Opinion noted.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I don't know if they are rice or not but I hate them. That would be the absolute LAST mod I would do to my car and I would only do it if it was a show car AFTER everything else was done and I was saying....hmmm, what else could I possibly do to this car to make it unique.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

So you're one of those, anything that's an import or something import people do = rice. got it. Opinion noted.
I'm don't have a bias against imports. I had a Mitsubishi 3000gt for a long time. Loved the car. Rice is putting flames on your volvo 240 (another car I owned). It is essentially being a "poser" (or posturing)--someone that wants to imitate virtues of cars, etc. That's my opinion. And you can certainly note it.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
usernamesarelame

vertical opening doors on a mustang..... hmmm.... I dont know, to me part of the charm of the mustang is how its very similar to the muscle cars of old... rear wheel drive V8 with a live axle (except the cobras, yea yea).... point is, lambo doors on a mustang is like putting strawberry jelly on a steak, its just not where it belongs.
-kevin
Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
kwikstang
1st Gear Member

awww c'mon. you've NEVER put strawberry jelly on your steak. you're missing out.

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors?