General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Have an 08 V6, want to change engine.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Have an 08 V6, want to change engine.

Buy a V-6 to save $$ & then swap in a V-8 for 2-3 times what you saved...hello....

Rick
Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Roadvirus

This is probably a crazy idea, but I have an '08 v6, and I want to put a new engine in it. I'd LIKE to turn it into a roush (engine wise), but I dont know how possible that is. Any info on engine changes is helpful though, I'm just kind of curius. Oh, and if there is already a post about this, please let me know, Thank you very much!!! (p.s. everything is still stock, don't know if that matters though.) Thank you for any help!!!!
thats a new car. why didnt you just buy the v8 model??
Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I'm thinking it's his parents who bought him the car..

Old 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Listen to these guys and just sell the car, you're better off buying a factory V8. That way you know everything is the way it's supposed to be and it will be cheaper in the long run.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM
damonhargroves

screw that. keep that car for gas purposes and go out and buy an old fox body and put a v8 in that
Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
damonhargroves

fox body FTW!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Roadvirus

To the guy who says my parents bought me the car, I have to tell you, I HATE it when people say that. I'm 18, and I bought and am paying for it on my own. I admit, they helped with the down payment, but I have been paying them back, so it's MY car.
Moving on, thank you for all the advice. The reason I wanted to switch the engine is 1. I couldnt afford a roush, and 2. I've had the car for 4 months, and already someone ran a red light and we collided, and someone backed into my front fender. My trade or resale value is pretty much shot from what I understand. And please, take it easy on me. I guess I have to say it again, but I am a total NEWBIE at cars. heck, I probably need help changing my oil!!! I'm just lookin' for some help.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You'll end up paying almost 1/2 of what your cars worth in labor and parts to convert it to a V8. Trade it in. You should have just bought a GT deluxe and bought the Roush Stage 1 body kit. Hell, if all you want is the Roush look; put the Roush Stage 1 body kit on your car, and convert your car to dual exhaust.

Instant pseudo-Roush.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Well, with that said, build a killer V6 instead and eat V8s. Cheaper and easier than a swap.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Roadvirus

I think I'll go with Lilroushs' idea. I really did want a GT, but I'm sorry to say that at the time, it just wasn't gonna happen. I really wanted a 'stang, and my dad has a friend who runs a ford dealership, so I got a little bit of a deal, but not enough to cover a GT. Either way, I couldn't afford it now, I'm already workin 2 jobs. Thank you though, for all the help. A killer V6 sounds like more fun anyway. the roush will have to wait.

Quick Reply: Have an 08 V6, want to change engine.