General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ford Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:25 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Warranty Issue

I have a simple question does Ford cover the clutch under the factory 3/36,000 warranty. I know some manufactureres do and some do not....just need to know, i beleive the clutch in the car died on me...

Has an extremely difficult time going into 1st and almost impossible going into reverse. make some grinding kind of sounds when releasing in first. Car will still move and drive. can shift gears good for the most part, engagement seems to be different (i think). When car is off i can run through the gears just fine.....any ideas? car is a 2002 GT with 35.2k miles on it
Old 04-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Warranty Issue

a bad clutch would just slip when you hit the gas, the rpm's would go way up and your car would barely accelerate. this sounds more like your synchro's which make the gears inside the tranny clash together. search for TSB 04-15-06, not the exact same problem. anyways, get to the dealer immediately!!!

HTH
shawn
Old 04-16-2005, 11:19 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

nope..clutches are like 1 year or 12k miles...I'm think you have other issues with the trans
Old 04-17-2005, 01:14 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

well its @ the dealership now, they are going to tear into it monday, if it is the tranny thats fine, because it is under warranty....thank goodness. he did not say anything with regards to the clutch being covered or not, so i guess we'll see wht happens
Old 04-17-2005, 04:17 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Its not the syncros, you fine there.

Its your throwout bearing for sure. Same thing happened to me twice, take it from a guy that has gone through 3 transmission and 5 clutches and 6 throwout bearings.

I didnt go though all that because im a bad driver My K-Frame was tweaked just a bid and my trans member too so the whole shibang wasnt centered. Its all being taken care of now with the conversion though

When they fix the prob then come back and tell us what it is

Later!

-Eric-
Old 04-18-2005, 01:08 AM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

fords factory warranty is 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty it covers everything, it seems like it could be a number of things, i replaced my clutch and everything and it turned out to be my clutch cable so just as long as everything gets fixed you should be all right. however if it's an 02 the warranty ends the day you bought it this year so i would check your records to make sure they are going to honor it.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Djs94stang
3rd Gear Member

From my experience the friction disc may not be covered but other components are like pressure plate, t-o bearing and linkage.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:36 PM
jelam
2nd Gear Member

i had a problem like that in my 95 f-150 it would have problems going into first out of first and in and out of reverse while driving it and one day i jumped into it to move it so i could mow there and went to put it in reverse and it made a grinding noise tried putting it in first did nothing tried second third fourth and od nothing turned it off put it in reverse started it up and moved it. my problem was the clutch master cylinder wasn't working
Old 04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

I'm under the impression that everythig is covered minus the friction disc. They have yet to tear into it, but I'm also not going to rush them.....so long as they take care of it the right way, that is all that really concerns me at this point. I just hate the thought of my car being outside for a couple of days, it is a garged car...lol

Old 04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Sometimes things like that are covered if there is another covered problem that caused it. (For example if your tranny was messed up and that caused your clutch to wear too quickly).

Quick Reply: Ford Warranty Issue