General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Please help with big problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:53 AM
robinhood_5

Default Please help with big problem...

HI, i just bought a mustang, the thing is like ive never been out of my house, i have agoraphobia, but i need to learn how to drive. i dont trust anyone in my neighborhood nor less in my famaly, so i was wondering if anyone in here might want to teach me how to drive, like online lessons. serious replies only. thank you very so munch...
Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Please help with big problem...

Sorry to cut it to yah but books and forums won't teach you to drive. You need hands on experience which, I hate saying this, but driving school is the best way to go. They suck but they teach you to drive.

If you have a standard then the only way to learn is go to a parking lot and practice.

Video games help too. Might sound wierd but that is how I learned how to drive standard. That one Stunt Car Game arcade that had the yellow car in the front and you had to drive through a stunt course. Of course the graphics were as good as the origninal Nintendo but it had a functioning clutch and 5spd.

So from my point video games do work. Although hands on is the best.

If you don't want to do either then I hope that you have a friend near by to help you out...I think I'm too far.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:26 PM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

hey buddy you only live once, you should hop in your stang drive to cancun mexico and enjoy some of the finer things in life, you cant let fear run your life, besides threason peopl sky dive and go on roller coasters is for the adrenaline rush they get from conquering their fears and all you got to do to accomplish the same rush is go to spring break and get some a**, I mean damn what a great way to start living life....
lol
just thought i be a shrink for a couple minutes, but seriously though, fear is a tool used to controll people then government and the news use it all the time, the best thing to do is overcome your fears and live.
besides how else are you going to enjoy a mustang.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:38 PM
SDelgado87
1st Gear Member

I totally agree with 88GT40, live to the extreme, with your mustang... overcome the fear, and most of all, have fun
Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
87GT5.0
1st Gear Member

go get in your car and drive it, (wait until you know what your doing first so you dont get hurt) but the only way to overcome fear is to face it, get out your house and go somewhere, even if there was a way for us to teach you how to drive online, if you dont overcome your fear of leaving your house then the money you spent on the mustang, and time you spent learning is all a waste, get out live and have fun, you have but one life to do it in so do it while you can
Old 04-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

like everyone else says get out and have some fun, its not that hard to drive a 5spd, just push the clutch in put in gear and let the clutch out slowly, and then push it in again put it in the next gear and give it some gas and go, just have fun with it lol.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: robinhood_5

HI, i just bought a mustang, the thing is like ive never been out of my house, i have agoraphobia, but i need to learn how to drive. i dont trust anyone in my neighborhood nor less in my famaly, so i was wondering if anyone in here might want to teach me how to drive, like online lessons. serious replies only. thank you very so munch...
Are you kidding? If you don't trust your own family, why would you trust us?