Notices
General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

How can I get chalk off?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
NeoAnderson48

Default How can I get chalk off?

My baby cousin wrote in chalk on my hood in the blazing sun, and now I can't get all of it off. What can I do to get this dried chalk off my hood?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How can I get chalk off?

chalk shouldnt stick to the car... but i would try some goo gone or something, if that doesnt work then a clay bar, and if that doesnt work you might need to try and polish it out...

Old 04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
MustangMan628
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How can I get chalk off?

First, I would take a detailer spray like Meguiars, or Eagle One (the best I've used) and soak the chalk in it. It wont harm the paint in anyway as long as you do it in the shade or indoors, and don't let it dry too long. Then take a microfiber cloth if you don't want to risk scracthing your paint, and rub it in until it forms a haze, kind of like vehicle wax. After that, let it dry for a minute or two, then take a CLEAN microfiber cloth and buff it away until the haze is gone. It should remove most stuck on dirt, or chalk in your case, and leave the car with a great scratch free shine. If for some reason the chalk is really on there, then you probably will have to try and buff it very lightly until the chalk starts to disappear. It might take a couple clean buffing pads if you don't want to risk ruining the paint. I've detailed a lot of show cars in my day. You would be surprised what kind of detailing sprays actually clean your car better than a good old wash and wax, and most importantly don't harm the paint.