General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

engine problems help plz

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

Default engine problems help plz

just installed a new professional products lower intake. got everything back into place and started it up. waited for the motor to warm up. after warm up it sounded like it had a monster cam in it. not right. theres no air or vacuum leaks. checked that per the professional products guy over the phone. pulled my codes and they read:

p0113 intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high input
p1000 obd systems readiness not complete
p1131 lack of ho2s11 switches sensor indicates lean
p1151 lack of ho2s21 switches sencor indicates lean

the car has a k and n ram air intake, 75mm prof. products throttle body upper plenium and the new intake, along with msd coil on packs and we just put in bosch platium 4 spark plugs cause we thought that was the problem but it wasnt.

the car drives like crap i took it around the block and it wanted to stall out about 6 times.

i checked the codes with my diablosport tuner if that helps.

im pulling my hair out on this "easy bolt-on installation" project so any help is greatly appreicated
Old 05-01-2008, 05:34 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: engine problems help plz

one more thing is that the car at idle revs itself between i would guess 600 to 800 rpms
Old 05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

make sure you didnt pinch any wiring harnesses while installing the intake. check your k and n for leaks after the maf. sounds like it has an unmetered air leak be it vacuum at the intake manifold, or between your ram air setup and the maf sensor.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:39 PM
sexiewasd

Put a multimeter on the intake air temp sensor (it should be just after the airbox) , and measure it's resistance. If it says 0.00 to 0.05 ohm or if it reads over 5k ohm then it is bad.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

i checked around everywhere just now. looked and made sure nothing was being pinched and everything was sealed nice. i had my check engine light come back on again. pulled the codes and this time i got new codes.

p1000 again.
p1130 lack of h02s11 switches fuel trim at limit
po353 ignition coil c primary/ secondary circuit
p1151 again.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:00 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

fuel trim at limit...could that mean im not getting enuff fuel with all my air upgrades..i have the stock injectors..i think they are 19lbs
Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

doubt it, without upgrading cams you usually wont see much difference. according to the ford diag pinpoint the p1130 should be disregarded and the other codes should be addressed first. p0353 is for a coil fault. is it missfiring at idle? if so swap back to your stock cop's if you still have them. then clear codes and test drive again. an engine miss will cause the o2s to read lean and the engine will try to add fuel which will make all of the other cyls run rich.

ps the iat and the maf are intergrated in the 2003 mustang
Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

yea it sounds like only a few cylinders are firing at idle and i have to look for the old cop's and see if they didnt get thrown out.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:19 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

justa ?, but you didnt by chance mix up any of the cop connectors while assembling. dont mean to be a dick, but ive screwed up dummer stuff, and i do this for a living
Old 05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

i took masking tape and numbered each one. i think i put them back into the right spot. yea im known for doing dumb stuff myself lol. ima go recheck those but im pretty sure i did them right. those and the fuel injector plugs i marked both of them

Quick Reply: engine problems help plz