General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

just an FYI...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:23 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: just an FYI...

ORIGINAL: Choppa

this doesnt violate invasion of privacy at all you could get all this information from switchboard.com remember this is the internet nothin is private anymore i would call the police see wats up with him technically it is stealing
Yes, but then you'd be getting it from a source, not from someone who is slandering them. If someone put my info out there with slander, (without actual proof like a court case), then I'd sue, plain and simple. It doesn't mean I don't agree that this guy needs a visit, anyone connected? J/K! All I was saying is you need to be careful if your going to post info on someone. What if some crazy person goes to this guy's house now and beats the crap out of him and it ends up that he was innocent? Now who's at fault?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:46 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

this doesnt violate invasion of privacy at all you could get all this information from switchboard.com remember this is the internet nothin is private anymore i would call the police see wats up with him technically it is stealing
Yes, but then you'd be getting it from a source, not from someone who is slandering them. If someone put my info out there with slander, (without actual proof like a court case), then I'd sue, plain and simple. It doesn't mean I don't agree that this guy needs a visit, anyone connected? J/K! All I was saying is you need to be careful if your going to post info on someone. What if some crazy person goes to this guy's house now and beats the crap out of him and it ends up that he was innocent? Now who's at fault?
you say that like its a "bad thing?" lol
listen if someone cheats you out of 950. bucks what would you do?
open up a can of whoopa$$ or take him to court???
Old 04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

court. theirs a reason beating someone up is illegal. think with your brain. not only would this guy beat you out of your money for the parts but he'd also have you in jail, when you get out you'll have a criminal battery charge on your record for the rest of your life, you'll probably be sue civilly and Im sure the guys gonna get more than $95 for his medical expenses and suffering.

my suggestion is not to take babygurl's suggestion and do something just as illegal as what the guy did. use your head, advise people of his actions and let the person who was ripped off seek legal remedy. He can sue the guy in his own local court, whole deal takes less than a month or two most cases, alot less time than he's waited so far.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:59 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

You don't have to have proof when you make the accusation in public, you only have to be able to back it up if you get accused of slander. Like they say its not slander if its the truth. Now... putting the guys's phone number up and suggesting others harrass him... now thats not smart.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:46 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

You don't have to have proof when you make the accusation in public, you only have to be able to back it up if you get accused of slander. Like they say its not slander if its the truth. Now... putting the guys's phone number up and suggesting others harrass him... now thats not smart.
Agreed.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

From what I understand, the guy didn't ask anyone to harrass anyone. He only asked someone call to see if they got an answer, because he suspects the seller is screening his calls for people within his area code. He is asking for aid in furthering a legitimately legal activity. Phone numbers and adressess are not privileged information, and can be obtained with simple public records check, unless one activly protects this info through legal means. There is nothing in babygurl2000's post to even suggest any form of illegal action whatsoever. It is merely informative, and incitive of strictly legal help from us Mustang members. And if anyone goes to hurt that man, I'm sure that babygurl2000 would not be liable in the least: His/Her actions must foreseeably result in the injury of the seller, and must be absent any superceding intervening causes (such as a member here doing something stupid).

In sum, while I do suggest legal action above all else, stop telling babygurl2000 that he is slandering or putting himself in jeopardy of liability.

What if some crazy person goes to this guy's house now and beats the crap out of him and it ends up that he was innocent? Now who's at fault?
You seem to talk as if you know the law, AllVenom, but that's not a substitute for actually knowing the law.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

From what I understand, the guy didn't ask anyone to harrass anyone. He only asked someone call to see if they got an answer, because he suspects the seller is screening his calls for people within his area code. He is asking for aid in furthering a legitimately legal activity. Phone numbers and adressess are not privileged information, and can be obtained with simple public records check, unless one activly protects this info through legal means. There is nothing in babygurl2000's post to even suggest any form of illegal action whatsoever. It is merely informative, and incitive of strictly legal help from us Mustang members. And if anyone goes to hurt that man, I'm sure that babygurl2000 would not be liable in the least: His/Her actions must foreseeably result in the injury of the seller, and must be absent any superceding intervening causes (such as a member here doing something stupid).

In sum, while I do suggest legal action above all else, stop telling babygurl2000 that he is slandering or putting himself in jeopardy of liability.

What if some crazy person goes to this guy's house now and beats the crap out of him and it ends up that he was innocent? Now who's at fault?
You seem to talk as if you know the law, AllVenom, but that's not a substitute for actually knowing the law.
LoL. Your funny gaspi. Didn't you see in my last post that I agreed with MD? Or you failed to scroll down all the way because (for one you must be a lawyer) and you were so upset that I mentioned that something was slanderous (because it is) that you started typing away and just had to add your .02 cents on the fact that I am wrong? So what! I don't care, I've been wrong before, and I'm not afraid to admit it. So go take your law degree and shove it up your a$$. Even you know that, even though names, addresses and phone numbers are public info, if you slander someone without valid proof, and that entity loses business because of it, then you can be sued over it. You cannot put someones number out on a public forum and ask them to call and harass someone you a$$. I'll make sure to put out your public info out on some other forum and ask them to call and harass you and we'll see how you like it.

You seem to talk as if I care what you say.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

You apparently do care--you did write up quite a number of lines to reply to my post. And as I said before, no one incited anyone else to harass. And cool it with the profanity. Smoke a cigar, whatever mellows you a bit. I also know that there is much for me to learn. At least, however, I try to choose my words carefully. We all dedicate our lives to certain things. For me, it's the law and cars. You can't expect me to not chime in when you start spatting out ridiculous legal advice.

Cheers, mate!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and I almost forgot:
I mentioned that something was slanderous (because it is)
Slander is the public defamation of another's character with spoken words or any other form of publication not covered under libel.

LIBEL, however is defamation of another's character through the written word, or embodiment in physical form (e.g. photos, cartoons, sculpture, film, etc.).

Common mistake. I'm having fun. C'mon. Hit me again.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

And I'm not a lawyer. Isn't it amazing what reading a book can do?

Quick Reply: just an FYI...