General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

just an FYI...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 11:39 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

Default just an FYI...

So who wants to go to Florida?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2nd I won a set of heads on ebay. the guy had wel over 300 positive feedback. People on the ls1 boards said his stuff was great. it alked ot him via email and phone. seemed like a legit operation.

Fast forward to April 22nd. No heads, no emails since Mar 27th. Only reached him by phone ONCE after leaving a voice mail about calling his local police to "make sure his house hadn't burned down." (He called back within 10 minutes!) Since then, no more contact whatsoever. Won't answer my calls, won't answer email, nothing. I'm out $950 roughly. And the wife wants the car on the road...insurance goes back on may 1st.

I am wondering if the guy recognizes my number on caller ID and is avoiding me. Anyone else want to call him up and see if he will answer? Someone from outside the 269 area code preferably. If he does answer, see if you can get any info on my heads (Mike Couey), and if he says their shipped, a tracking number. His number is <number removed by MD> is name is Mike Felber. the company is http://web.archive.org/web/200504220...berracing.com/

Michael Felber 342 Curry Street NE Palm Bay, FL 32907-1968

this is from a friend who obviously got burnt by this guy. be careful folks...
Old 04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Default RE: just an FYI...

Have you contacted the local police yet? (am not really sure what the local cops can do to help ya but might be worth the phone call) That is the next move that I would do. The other thing I would do is write him a letter and tell him that you are going to file a law suite against him if he does not send out the heads or return the money. If you get no responce from that letter hire a layer (or if you have one that is a friend) send them another letters giveing a date to respond by and if not file the law suite.

Another option is to find someone on here that is in that area (I have seen a lot of people from Maimi area) and see if they would be willing to check it out for ya. I would try and help ya out but it is a 1-1/2 drive for me to get there.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:50 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

If it were me and my $950, I would have already been down to florida...but that's just me. You better be careful about posting someone's personal info on the web, that could be construed as an invasion of privacy and harrassment, regardless of what happened. There are other "legal" recourses to take than doing this.

I think a mod should be editing this message and removing that guys personal info, IMHO.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:54 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

my friend asked all of us to call. meanwhile this guy doesnt answer his phone..lol

and my friend is flaming the heck outta him on another site..

i just posted this so nobody else gets burned..

i called and got his voicemail and left a message. i said he needed to take care of this matter asap.

who knows? is the guy legitimate? he has his own website for crying out loud..lol
Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
frank28
1st Gear Member

The most effective legal recourse you can take is threatening with a law suit. Contact an Ebay representative for more information about pursuing action toward small claims court. If they are not helpful, contact a lawyer in your area for free legal advice and ask if you have a case. A lawyer will be able to advise what direction you want to go and what kind of paperwork you need. I would contact a lawyer first though, before you attempt anymore contact with the seller.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

well it's been so long now. i think the cut-off for fraud on ebay or paypal is like 90 days or something.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, something should have been done with eBay before 4 months went by.....
Old 04-22-2005, 06:54 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

this is why you use paypal with a credit card...he wouldn't be out a dime....lesson learned[:@]
Old 04-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

this doesnt violate invasion of privacy at all you could get all this information from switchboard.com remember this is the internet nothin is private anymore i would call the police see wats up with him technically it is stealing
Old 04-22-2005, 08:14 PM
5.0mustang5speed
I ♥ Acer

what is his ebay name

Quick Reply: just an FYI...