General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suspension Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Default Suspension Inquiry

I know the suspensions in stangs are usually pretty rough, as far as ride goes. I enjoy being able to take corners really fast, but theres a point where it just gets annoying. My wife is pregnant and we drive around in the stang pretty regularly and every time we come to a bump in the road the car jars around like crazy. What would improve the ride quality of the car? I like how steeda has the G-trac system to build a complete sport suspension in stages, as well as supposivly make the car really nice to drive in as well. I dont really know that much about suspensions tho, and I'd like to be able to drive people around without making them hate my car, but all four stages are kind of expensive. Is there any one upgrade or stage of the kits I could get that would make a big difference, because I can always buy the rest of the kit later. All help is appreciated! Thanks

Steeda Suspension Link ----->

http://steeda.com/products/sn95_part...nsion_paks.php
Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension Inquiry

BUMP!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Stangs are especially notorious for understeer (front end loses control) because we have a deflicted front end strut/spring arrangement. K-members, or front subframe systems, reposition the the aspects of the car to increase handling and make undercar work easier. The jarring around you speak of is the notorious "mustang 2-step" oraxle shifting because your wheels are not independent of one another.Theres small ways tofix the car, and seeing as the Mrs. has a bun in the oven (congrats btw)heres a couple small improvements you could make.

1. Progressive rate springs lower the car, but because of their "progressive rate", maintain ride quality without stiffening up the ride.
2. Adjustable shocks/struts can allow softer setting with thefamily on board but a weekend at the track, you can stiffen them up.
3. Upper and Lower control arms may include stiffer bushings, but will heavily reduce your jarring around problem (and seeing the age of the car, they may have excessive play in the bushings anyways).

Companies such as www.steeda.com, www.maximummotorsports.com, www.uprproducts.com and www.griggsracing.com all specialize in mustang trackracing, you can buy parts from www.americanmuscle.comtoo

And from what it looks like, G-trac stage 2 and some springs will be a great starting point, good luck
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

If the woman is pregnant and you just want to temperarily soften up the ride. Why not just buy some V6 15" rims. Buy some 65 series tires, then swap them out when you buy a family car later.

I daily drive my 93. In the fall, spring and summer. We are riding on 45 series rubber. I'm sure you know what that's like. In the winter I swap to 15" rims and 70 series winter tires. Much cushier.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

It just has to be the most expensive stage lol
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

you really cant get a much softer ride without hurting performance. for ride quality, solid axle FTL.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Solid axle, like a driveshaft.... ???
Old 05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtbuilder

Solid axle, like a driveshaft.... ???
lol...no.

the rear end.

like this....

Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 PM
kushal_22
1st Gear Member

Nice Rubber and thanks for the Info I was wondering the same question. Now I know where to start.

Mal
Old 05-11-2008, 10:07 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

Lol,u can really tell there's a reason I'm asking questions, huh. The underside of your car looks fantastic btw. What rearend is that, and did it come with that differencial cover? Please explain why this improves ride quality as well. I prefer to learn things when i ask a question.

Quick Reply: Suspension Inquiry