General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What color to paint the mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What color to paint the mustang?

350Z Blue would be sweet. But Kevin. Black racing stripes? Maybe...But I think that if I went with the Saleen kit, it has the black stripes up the sides. I might ask someone to do a rough photoshop of what that will look like. Yeah, definitely no black. Thanks for the input! Anyone have an orange stang? I have seen some nice blue. I have seen a lot of nice white previously. Anyone got a nice hot, burnt orange stang?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akp20032004

I like burnt orange. I was thinking of painting mine that or sunset orange. But I have a 96.
they have the same body.

i would go with black for the black on black look.

cant go wrong with red either.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:44 AM
1990NOS!
2nd Gear Member

Like they are saying... either black, or IMO a dark gray with some silver pearl airbrushed ghost graphics...

And with the blue--- i went blue with mine, it gets old. I see sooooo many blue stangs around now its not funny, but mine sticks out due to some extras in the paint (ghost pony on the 1/4 panels, shaved door handles, and xenon/saleen body kit)... Up next-- hugger orange w/ silver pearl metallic, ghost checkered tear scheme w/ ripples on the sides and wrapped around the hatch and muscle black paint on the cowl (just the cowl not the whole hood), removin the kit.....
Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

I do not think I could afford a paint job like that. Especially here in Cali, would cost me more than the car. Blue is common, and believe it or not, Burnt Orange is becoming a little popular, albeit still very far and few between. I live in a small town, and a few guys already have painted their cars a Burnt Orange. Still, if it was blue, it does not stand out. If it were Burnt Orange...even if there are a few others too, it would stick way out. I like being different, but I do not know if I want to stick out THAT much...eesh. This is like thinking of a name for a baby! Stuck with it for life...
Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 AM
1990NOS!
2nd Gear Member

What about silver? they have a silver called Liquid Metallic Silver--- Looks really bright in the light, and gray at night time..... Silver on Foxes are HAWT...

As for sticking out, i know what ya mean, Sonic blue + silver pearl metallic--- Yeah cops love me.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, hot on Foxes...but I no longer have a fox. Liquid Metallic Silver...It would still probably look sweet one mine tho. Got a pic NOS? A guy here locally has a sonic blue stang, all the cops know him, he cant even sell the car because people know he races it and the cops pull him over all the time. Lol. Sucks to live in a small city. Thats why, I dont street race mine. Well...I am off to work. see ya all laterz.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
1990NOS!
2nd Gear Member

pics on my GF's digital Camera-- or go to www.injectedvids.com
its a forum, have to register (i think)-- look up the members list... i was nvr2fast in there. thye may still have me on there.

And yeah i feel that guys pain.... i've prolly been pulled over about dozen times in the last 3-4yrs while statiomed here in FL.--- doesn't transfer to my SC insurance hahahaha. And yeah ppl see me all the time and are like (i saw you at such and such... and dont even remember being in that area). So yeah it kinda sux. Gottachange it up
Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

The 350Z, is the blue I was referring to. That color is sweet!!

I wasn't aware you were going to go w/ the Saleen kit. If that is the case, no blackstripes would be needed w/ burnt orange. ;-) I've seen manyPLAIN burnt orange mustangs and they do not look all that great. Unless the car has nice exterior mods and/or a racing stipe.

Good luck w/ your choice!

ORIGINAL: rwdfan

350Z Blue would be sweet. But Kevin. Black racing stripes? Maybe...But I think that if I went with the Saleen kit, it has the black stripes up the sides. I might ask someone to do a rough photoshop of what that will look like. Yeah, definitely no black. Thanks for the input! Anyone have an orange stang? I have seen some nice blue. I have seen a lot of nice white previously. Anyone got a nice hot, burnt orange stang?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
94gtbuilder
2nd Gear Member

That 350Z blue looked great, but I dont know if it would look that great with your tail lights still painted black. I think with your taillights re-painted that blue or a silver that really pops would look great.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

GTFO... you want a Saleen with burnt orange.... I just deleted the pics I took of my friend's old turbo Saleen painted burnt orange..... [:@][:@]

IMO 350z Blue with extra clear FTMFW.. 'specially here in Cali. Id do it, but my car has a theme of black.

My truck

Quick Reply: What color to paint the mustang?