General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
99Stang_V6
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Help!!!

i'm trying to find the best tire pressure on my tires but dont really know what psi to put it at...they are 245/45 ZR17....if yall could help me out that would be great...i kinda asked this question about a week ago but it was really based on how much of a change tire pressure did to your gas mileage...thanks in advance
Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need Help!!!

look inside the door jambs for the decal from the factory listing the recommended tire pressures to use and start with those. you will get better mileage with the tires slightly overinflated but this may tend to wear out the center of the tread, so you have to monitor the tread wear also and adjust the air pressure accordingly if you want the maximum tire life. running them underinflated is bad for gas mileage and can be dangerous as they may run too hot and blow out if severly underinflated.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:04 PM
88GT40
2nd Gear Member

on the side of the tires it will say what the maximum psi is for your tires you will want to stay at or below that pressure. just set it and forget it buddy it doesn't make much difference at all unless you let them underinflate.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
kaminski

tires are stupid...i have a 1973 mach 1 running off of air, hydrogen powerd jets...it never touches the ground

I am über all you n00bs should get rid of your tires!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

33 PSI is agood safe pressure for a regular performance radial on a daily driver.

The pressure changes alot according to temperature so check them in the cld and when it's hot.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
dothack
2nd Gear Member

Yep, your best bet is check them in the morning. You should follow the OE recommended PSI..you can find it in the door jam on a decal or in the glove box. Mine states 35 psi all around but my max tire pressure (on the thread) is 35psi..but its better having them a little bit overinflated than under..
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM
pichinco
2nd Gear Member

Check your glove box. My sticker is there. For the GT running the same tire recommended pressure is 30.