General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone Ever Tried This?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Ever Tried This?

. . .
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

Lol, I can't believe this discussion is still going. I can't see any benefit in spraying one of those into your intake. I don't know exactly what is actually inside them but if it's liquid CO2 like I suspect than think about this: CO2can beused to put out fires,wouldn't thatseem counterproductive to spray a fire extingusher into a combustion engine?

EDIT: ok I looked it up and it looks like they mostly contain nitrogen with a mix of other inert gases that are heavier than air. Looks like it would still have the same effect as I stated above though since oxygen is needed for combustion.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:59 PM
blake77

ok man i just tried it on mine it seemed to raise the rpm a little
if we r talkin bout the same stuff turn the can upside down it shoots like nos out of there as long as u dont direct port this stuff u should b fine just turn the bottle up side down
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

It can work, just not exactly as you describe.

Next time you are at the track. Do a few runs. Enough until you are satisfied with back to back, same et's.

Then open the hood. Spray your intake manifold down until it's cool to the touch.

I've done this on numerous cars. When you are just looking for that extra tenth. This is almost gauranteed.